COMCAST TO HILL: WE'LL BE FAIR
- Deal Faces "Steep Climb" in Washington. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/7/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 45, p18
The article reports on the concern of the Consumer Federation of America and other unions on the effect of the NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast Corp. merger. It notes that Henry Waxman, chairman of House Energy and Commerce Committee, has called up for hearings on the deal as news of the merger...
- More Time For Comcast, NBC Universal. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;12/6/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p34
The article reports on the extension of a joint venture between Comcast and NBC Universal, as conveyed by their pro forma renewal filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Rep. Waxman asks FCC to tie net-neutrality to approval of Comcast's acquisition of NBC. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;12/8/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p6
The article reports on the request of Henry Waxman, House Energy and Commerce Committee chairman, to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to impose net neutrality conditions on Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal in the U.S.
- Jean Prewitt. // Daily Variety;9/23/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 54, p50
The article profiles the president of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA), Jean Prewitt, who states that Comcast Corp. and NBCUniversal have been amenable because both are anxious to see a system that would move forward independent programming and hope that it would strengthen...
- Mr. Clean's air act. Getlin, J. // Sierra;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p76
Discusses the work of Representative Henry A. Waxman, Democrat from Los Angeles, known as Mr. Clean, in passing a tough new law cracking down on automobile pollution as well as acid rain and air-borne toxic chemicals and presents an interview with the Congressman. INSET: It's cloudy in...
- Drug companies divided. Gershon, D. // Nature;5/3/1990, Vol. 345 Issue 6270, p6
Reports that US Congressman, Henry Waxman, has introduced two bills to improve the Orphan Drug Act. Concern over the high prices of some profitable drugs protected from competition by the act; Companies to share marketing exclusivity is controversial; Implications for AIDS and erythropoietin...
- Democrats look to a rescue man. // National Journal;3/01/97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p425
Highlights California House Representative Henry A. Waxman's efforts in giving order and accountability to the investigation of the 1996 campaign practices of President Bill Clinton and his White House aides. Waxman's efforts in getting Republicans to adopt proper oversight procedures; Waxman's...
- Strange devices. Tyrrell Jr., R.E. // American Spectator;Dec91, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
Comments on the legislation submitted by Congressman Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) called the `Food, Drug, Cosmetic, and Device Enforcement Amendments of 1991.' Giving more power to the Food and Drug Administration; Contradicts the view of Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell (D-Me.) that says more...
- Rep. Henry A. Waxman, D-Calif. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1245
Profiles Representative Henry A. Waxman of California, ranking member of the Government Reform and Oversight Committee. Advocacy of the tougher government regulations; Landmark legislation sponsored; Other achievements; Comments from colleagues.