Nuevos registros de Habrobracon hebetor (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) in Argentina
- Parasitic Wasps. Suszkiw, Jan // Agricultural Research;Oct2012, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses research on combining Habrobracon hebetor wasps with the egg parasitoid Trichogramma deion to effectively reduce Indianmeal moth populations. It references a study by James Throne et al, published in "Environmental Entomology." Throne and colleagues from Kansas State...
- Two new species, Bracon (Lucobracon) kuzguni sp. n. and Bracon (Lucobracon) breviradius sp. n., from Turkey (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Braconinae). BEYARSLAN, Ahmet // Turkish Journal of Zoology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p503
During studies on the Braconidae fauna of the Black Sea, Central Anatolian and Eastern Anatolian regions of Turkey 2 new species, Bracon (Lucobracon) kuzguni sp. n. and Bracon (Lucobracon) breviradius sp. n., were recorded and described. Important morphological diagnostic characters are figured...
- Temperature-dependent survival, development, and adult longevity of the koinobiont endoparasitoid Venturia canescens (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) parasitizing Plodia interpunctella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Spanoudis, Christos; Andreadis, Stefanos // Journal of Pest Science;Mar2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p75
The effect of various constant temperatures on survival, development, and adult longevity of Venturia canescens Gravenhorst (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae) parasitizing larvae of Plodia interpunctella HÃ¼bner (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) was studied under laboratory conditions. The following...
- Stored product pests and their parasitoid wasps in Mashhad, Iran. Asl, Mohammad Hossein Akbari; Talebi, Ali Asghar; Hashem6Kamali; Kazemi, Somayeh // Advances in Environmental Biology;Sep-Dec2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p239
Pests and their parasitoid wasps associated with stored products were surveyed from 2006 to 2007 in the urban area suburb of Mashhad. Seventy-four samples from several cereals, dried fruits, legumes and processed food products were collected in 10 locations. A total of 11 insect pest species...
- Demography and life history of the egg parasitoid, Trichogramma brassicae, on two moths Anagasta kuehniella and Plodia interpunctella in the laboratory. Iranipour, S.; Farazmand, A.; Saber, M.; Mashhadi, Jafarloo M. // Journal of Insect Science;2009, Vol. 9, p1
The article presents a study which evaluates the life history statistics of Trichogramma brassicae in the hosts Plodia interpunctella and Anagasta kuehniella. Several parameters including gross and net reproductive rates (GRR), intrinsic birth rate, and finite rate of population increase were...
- fact vs fiction. McGovern, Kate; McGovern, Jeff // Pest Management Professional;Jan2014, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p42
The article presents information on several facts related to Indianmeal moth or IMM and information on controling IMM.
- Life Tables of the Larval Parasitoid; Bracon brevicornis Wesm. (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) on Different Host Larvae. Imam, A. I. // Egyptian Journal of Biological Pest Control;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p189
Life tables of Bracon brevicornis Wesmael (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) were estimated on three hosts (the greater wax moth Galleria mellonella L., the almond moth, Ephestia cautella Walker and the olive leaf moth Palpita unionalis HÃ¼bner). Obtained data declared that, all the examined hosts were...
- Indianmeal moth Plodia interpunctella. Mitchell, Stuart // Pest Management Professional;Oct2011, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p75
The article focuses on how to confront the Indianmeal moth (IMM), a native of the Old World by investigating and locating all infestations, destroying infested products, and thoroughly cleaning all areas.
- Aphaereta ceratitivora sp. n. (Hymenoptera, Braconidae), a new parasitoid of Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann) (Diptera, Tephritidae) from the Azores. van Achterberg, Kees; Teixeira, Tânia; Oliveira, Luísa // ZooKeys;9/18/2012, Vol. 222, p1
A new gregarious larval-pupal endoparasitoid of Ceratitis capitata (Wiedemann) (Diptera: Tephritidae) is described and illustrated: Aphaereta ceratitivora sp. n. (Braconidae: Alysiinae: Alysiini).