Epidemiology and Outcome of Klebsiella Species Bloodstream Infection: A Population-Based Study
- China reports increasing incidence of hypervirulent K. pneumoniae. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p38
The article discusses research being done on the increasing incidence of hypervirulent Klebsiella pneumoniae, which references a study by W. Li and colleagues published in a 2013 issue of "Clinical Infectious Diseases."
- Selective digestive decontamination protocol may reduce K. pneumonia infections. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the findings of a study which indicated that selective digestive decontamination protocol may reduce the prevalence of carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumonia infections.
- Clinical Microbiology: Recombination turns one clade into two. Kåhrström, Christina Tobin // Nature Reviews Microbiology;May2014, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p313
The article reports on the study that illustrates the importance of the clinical isolates of carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae that belong to multilocus sequence type 258 (ST258) as nosocomial pathogens.
- Outbreak of a Multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae Strain in an Intensive Care Unit: Antibiotic... Asensio, Angel; Oliver, Antonio; Gonzalez-Diego, Paulino; Baquero, Fernando; Perez-Diaz, Jose Claudio; Ros, Purificacion; Cobo, Javier; Palacios, Margarita; Lasheras, Dolores; Canton, Rafael // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p55
Describes a nosocomial infectious outbreak caused by multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (MRKP) through a study of a sample of two groups of pediatric intensive care unit patients at a hospital in Madrid, Spain. Evidence of patterns that were indistinguishable from each other; Evidence that...
- Genotypic Analysis of Klebsiella pneumoniae Isolates in a Beijing Hospital Reveals High Genetic Diversity and Clonal Population Structure of Drug-Resistant Isolates. Wang, Qi; Li, Bin; Tsang, Alan K. L.; Yi, Yong; Woo, Patrick C. Y.; Liu, Cui Hua // PLoS ONE;Feb2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Background: The genetic diversity and the clinical relevance of the drug-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from hospital settings are largely unknown. We thus conducted this prospective study to analyze the molecular epidemiology of K. pneumoniae isolates from patients being treated in...
- Prevalence of the bla Gene in Klebsiella pneumoniae Isolates Obtained from Hospital and Community Infections and from the Microbiota of Healthy Individuals in Recife, Brazil. Veras, Dyana Leal; Alves, Luiz Carlos; Brayner, Fábio André; Guedes, Duschinka Ribeiro Duarte; Maciel, Maria Amélia Vieira; Rocha, Cíntia Renata Costa; de Souza Lopes, Ana Catarina // Current Microbiology;May2011, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p1610
The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of the bla gene in Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from hospital and community infections and from the normal microbiota of healthy individuals in Recife, PE, Brazil. Fifty-two K. pneumoniae isolates were analyzed regarding the presence of the...
- Characterization of an Outbreak Due to Extended-Spectrum beta-Lactamase-Producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Transplant Population. Rebuck, Jill A.; Olsen, Keith M.; Fey, Paul D.; Langnas, Alan N.; Rupp, Mark E. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1368
Presents information on a study of an outbreak of Klebsiella pneumoniae in a pediatric intensive care unit. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae in the CSF: Smile, please! We are taking photos. Citerio, Giuseppe; Fiori, Leonardo; Patruno, Adriana // Intensive Care Medicine;Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1136
The article presents the medical image of the patient who developed a carbapenemresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (CRKP) infection of the urinary tract and bloodstream.
- Klebsiella pneumoniae related community-acquired acute lower respiratory infections in Cambodia: Clinical characteristics and treatment. // BMC Infectious Diseases;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
The article presents a study focusing on clinical characteristics and treatment of Klebsiella pneumoniae related community-acquired acute lower respiratory infections (KP ALRI) in Cambodia. As stated, KP ALRI has high fatality rate, are more frequently found in women, and should be considered in...