After prison, dealing with family lawsuits
- MUSIC: A Sound Investment. Heath, John // Illinois Music Educator;Winter2009, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p14
The article presents the views of John Heath, President of Batavia High School, regarding investing in the Arts and education. He mentions about attending the annual meeting of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and funding event of the Lyric Opera of Chicago. Both generated support and raised more...
- Chicago Symphony Reports Strong Fiscal Year. // International Musician;Dec2013, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on receipt of record-breaking fundraising by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) in its third consecutive year and mentions that ticket revenue of CSO increased from 21.4 to 22.3 million U.S. dollars.
- Moody's: Chicago Symphony Orchestra Credit Stabilizes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34018, p1
The article offers information on a report by the company Moody's Investors Service on the organization Chicago Symphony Orchestra's (CSO) A3 credit rating which have benefited from strong fundraising and disciplined fiscal policies. It informs that the rating established CSO as one of the...
- Daniel in the lion's den. Davis, P.G. // New York;4/20/92, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p98
Discusses how few would deny that the Chicago Symphony responded positively to Daniel Barenboim and performed at its highest level when the conductor and his orchestra performed recently at Carnegie Hall in New York City. Performances of Strauss's tone poem `Ein Heldenleben' and Beethoven's...
- Of all things. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;4/29/92, Vol. 109 Issue 15, p471
Discusses a recent performance by the Chicago Symphony orchestra in Madrid, Spain and the review a critic wrote which put down the organ playing and how this attitude conveys an unappreciation of the organ's role in the church for worshippers. We live in a time of dethronements; Organ virtuosity...
- Setting the tone on opening night. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;9/19/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p0039
A preview of the concert Chicago Symphony Orchestra Symphony Ball at Hilton Chicago in Chicago, Illinois is presented.
- CSO records slight surplus. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/18/93, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p70
Reports on the surplus on operating budget recorded by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra for fiscal year ended June 30, 1993. Announcement of financial performance at the annual meeting of the board of trustees of the Orchestral Association.
- BACK FROM THE SECOND CITY. Davidson, Justin // New York;4/18/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p89
The article announces the concert of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra to be conducted by Riccardo Muti at the Carnegie Hall in Manhattan, New York on April 15-17, 2011.
- Call it classic-aid. // Advertising Age;3/30/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 13, p50
Reveals that the Chicago Symphony Orchestra has begun offering title sponsorship opportunities, including program mention, signage and special receptions and seating, in an attempt to raise more money from corporate sources. Comments from Joyce Idema, director of marketing and public relations;...