Improved biogas production from palm oil mill effluent by a scaled-down anaerobic treatment process
- Palm Oil Milling Wastes and Sustainable Development. Er, A. C.; Nor, Abd. Rahim Md.; Rostam, Katiman // American Journal of Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p436
Problem statement: Palm oil milling generates solid wastes, effluent and gaseous emissions. The aim of this study is to assess the progress made in waste management by the Malaysian palm oil milling sector towards the path of sustainable development. Sustainable development is defined as the...
- NIIST develops compact digester for biomass wastes. // Chemical Business;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the development of a compact digester for biomass wastes by the National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST) in India in 2012. It notes that the compact digester is capable of recovering biogass and is not harmful to the environment. It claims...
- A Comparative Study on Meeting the Energy Demand from Biogas in Pakistan. Ghauri, Moinuddin; Bokhari, Awais; Ilyas, Suhaib Umer; Faisal, Abrar // International Journal of Chemical & Environmental Engineering;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p410
Pakistan is facing energy crises from past decade due to experiencing increase in energy demands. This current work is a comparative study to meet the energy demand from production of biogas from waste solid materials. The main emphasis is to treat biomass, manure, municipal waste, sewage and...
- Organisations set to support biomass and biogas projects. // Engineer (Online Edition);4/13/2012, p3
The article announces that ERA-NET Bioenergy network of organizations will provide funding for applied European research projects on biomass or biogas production through national funding organizations from Germany, Ireland, Poland, Sweden and Great Britain.
- THE EFFICIENCY OF BIOGAS TECHNOLOGY: A CASE STUDY. Mandrea, L.; Baran, G.; Babutanu, C. A.; Militaru, G.; Oprina, G.; Bunea, F. // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;2010, p65
The paper presents a case study regarding the efficiency appliance of biogas technology at the Agronad SME, a private firm which produces alcohol from grain in Romania.
- Production of bioethanol by direct bioconversion of oil-palm industrial effluent in a stirred-tank bioreactor. Alam, Md. Zahangir; Kabbashi, Nassereldeen A.; Nahdatul I. S. Hussin, S. // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jun2009, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p801
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of producing bioethanol from palm-oil mill effluent generated by the oil-palm industries through direct bioconversion process. The bioethanol production was carried out through the treatment of compatible mixed cultures such as...
- Techno-economic Analysis of Electricity Generation from Biogas Using Palm Oil Waste. Begum, Shahida; Saad, Mohd Firdaus M. // Asian Journal of Scientific Research;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p290
In Malaysia, nearly 80 million tons of fresh fruit bunches are processed annually in 406 palm oil mills and are generating approximately 54 million tons of Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME). This POME is known to generate biogas consisting of methane-a Green House Gas (GHG) identifiable to cause...
- CONSTRUCTION SET TO BEGIN ON SECOND DAIRY DIGESTER. // BioCycle;May2013, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p15
The article offers information on the start of the construction of the second "Cow Power" biogas production facility in Dane county, Wisconsin, after getting approval of the final agreements by the Dane County Board at a meeting in early May 2013.
- The Effect of Mixing on Methane Production in a Semi-commercial Closed Digester Tank Treating Palm Oil Mill Effluent. Sulaiman, Alawi; Hassan, Mohd Ali; Shirai, Yoshihito; Abd-Aziz, Suraini; Tabatabaei, Meisam; Busu, Zainuri; Yacob, Shahrakbah // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p1577
The performance of a semi-commercial closed digester tank treating palm oil mill effluent (POME) was studied at four different mixing regimes i.e natural mixing (NM), minimal horizontal mixing (MHM), minimal horizontal and vertical mixing (MHVM) and vigorous mixing (VM). The chemical oxygen...