- Restoring Damaged Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p2
Highlights the achievement of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in its goal to end the loss of irreplaceable resources and to work for their restoration. Achievements in restoring water resources; Achievements in restoring landscapes; Restoration of species.
- Public Awareness, Public Action. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p9
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on public awareness and public action on environmental conservation. How the information and education from the DEC changed the way New Yorkers use resources; Health advisories from the DEC.
- Managing Special Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p10
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on the management of special natural resources. Tools used by the DEC to manage special natural resources; Conservation and restoration of rivers.
- Chronic Wasting Disease in NY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the discovery of chronic wasting disease in captive white-tailed deer in Oneida County, New York. Decision of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation to begin a deer sampling program; Impact of the disease on deer management and use in the state.
- CWD Update. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p29
The article presents an update on chronic wasting disease (CWD) among the wild deer population of New York as of February 1, 2006. The total number of wild deer that the Department of Environmental Conservation has tested for CWD is given.
- The continuing success of Return a Gift to Wildlife. Keeler, Shaun // Conservationist;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the achievements of the conservation program Return a Gift to Wildlife managed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Factual background on the inception of the conservation program; Partnerships with scientific and charitable institutions for research on...
- New York State Prohibition of Discharges of Vessel Sewage; Final Affirmative Determination. Enck, Judith A. // Federal Register;10/28/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 209, p66927
The article presents information on a notice from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding protection and enhancement of Jamaica Bay in New York City under the Clean Water Act. As mentioned, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) has proposed for the...
- Public Land, Public Trust. Hogan, Barbara // Conservationist;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) guardianship of public land. Designation of funds to consolidate and provide additional access to public holdings; Purchase of areas of natural beauty, wilderness character and geological or ecological significance;...
- Question & answer. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p30
Gives advice on travel. Includes resting between flights; Recommendation on European ski destinations; Prepayment of tips on a cruise trip.