Waves of Exotic Grains
- GREAT grains. // Prevention;Mar2009, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p132
This article reports on how to cook grains and integrate them into a healthy diet. The article presents a table of cooking times and methods for lesser-known grains such as quinoa, bulgur, wheat berries, and farro. The article also offers recipes that incorporate grains, including one with farro...
- Couscous: So easy it feels like cheating. Quick, Susan // Glamour;Mar96, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p230
Presents recipes for couscous. Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Couscous; Couscous; Roasted Pepper Harissa. INSET: Quick & easy all-vegetable version..
- BULGUR PILAF. // Gourmet;Mar2006, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p101
A recipe for bulgur pulaf is presented.
- DINNER & A DVD. Glover, Cynthia // Vegetarian Times;Mar2005, Issue 329, p77
Presents several recipes for dinner, including Moroccan Seven-Vegetable Couscous.
- desktop DINING. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Apr2005, Issue 330, p37
Presents several recipes, including Fruited Bulgur and Lentil Salad.
- .PRODUCTS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p70
This article offers information on a variety of food service products including flavored quinoa from American Roland Food Corp., Clymate IQ Baker holding cabinet from FWE, and decorative lamps from Hatco.
- Going with a new grain. // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, pM6
The article focuses on the use of quinoa by creative culinary chef Yuji Iwasa for P. F. Chang's menu. It states that Iwasa used quinoa due to its high nutrient content and for being a well-recognized grain among diners. It says that Iwasa seeks to create a variation of fried rice, a dish which...
- Recipe card. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Nov99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p7
Presents the recipe, Bulgur Stuffing With Dried Cranberries and Hazelnuts.
- HEALTH RECIPE OF THE MONTH. // Medical Update;Jul2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
Presents the recipe of Moroccan-Spiced Tree Nut Couscous.