- Wake up to 'go for gold' with morning energy. Denham, Janice // Granite City Press-Record;3/7/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 10, pB6
The article offers information on National School Breakfast Week, an annual celebration in the U.S. that emphasizes the meal of the day that revs up the body.
- SNA's Vegas Days. // Food Management;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p10
Information on the School Nutrition Association (SNA) Annual Training Conference that was held in July 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada is presented. Highlights of the event include the SNA proposal of the national nutrition standards through the Child Nutrition Reauthorization, the launch of school...
- Breakfast to... Grab and Go! // Learning Matters;9/29/2015, p9
An excerpt from the article "Breakfast to...Grab and Go!" is presented which focuses on the breakfast venture of Westview Elementary School in Minnesota which was highlighted during the National School Breakfast Week event at the Apple Valley school on March 3, 2015.
- A Long Running Food Fight. Leonard, Kimberly // U.S. News Digital Weekly;3/27/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p4
The article discusses difficulties associated with the implementation of nutrition guidelines for schools after the approval of Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act in 2010. It mentions that members of the School Nutrition Association lobbied Congress for more funding of school meal. It mentions that...
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- Aramark Intros K-12 Breakfast Program. // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the new K-12 breakfast program "AMP Up with Breakfast" introduced by Aramark in the U.S. According to the author, the program offers an easy-to-implement breakfast delivery options for classrooms, cafeterias, and/or portable stations, focusing on convenience. It features...
- Challenging 'the most important meal of the day'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p50
Offers insights about the opposing trends in the breakfast programs within the United States educational institutions. Studies linking breakfast and academic performance; Growth in breakfast participation in elementary and secondary schools; Likely disappearance of breakfast as a daypart in...
- Accuracy of children's school-breakfast reports and school-lunch reports (in 24-h dietary recalls) differs by retention interval. Baxter, S. D.; Guinn, C. H.; Royer, J. A.; Hardin, J. W.; Mackelprang, A. J.; Smith, A. F. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p1394
Background/Objectives:Validation-study data were analyzed to investigate the effect of retention interval (time between the to-be-reported meal and interview) on accuracy of children's school-breakfast reports and school-lunch reports in 24-h recalls, and to compare accuracy of children's...
- Morning meals made simple. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the incorporation and use of quicker breakfast options or pre-prepared food products by food service operators in the U.S. for the morning meals of employees. Grab-and-go meals provided by Liebert foodservice at the cafeteria of Liebert Corp.; Reason for Liebert's incorporation of...