From rustic to refined
- Cambodian: From rustic to refined. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Feb2010, Vol. 109 Issue 2, pFSB12
The article offers information on the emergence of Cambodian cuisine. It notes that the regions cuisine is often referred to as Khmer being the strongest influence to Cambodian cooking. Rautha Chau, chef-owner of Kampuchea restaurant, states that flavors including spicy, pickled, and salty often...
- CORN: It's With Us All Year Round. // Ebony;Apr1977, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p136
Several recipes are presented including Southern Banana Pudding, Corn and Ham Fritters, and Corn and Bacon Casserole.
- Wine and (Grilled) Cheese. // People;11/27/2013 Special Issues, p46
Recipes for Gruyere, Sage and Toasted Walnuts on Inverted Baguette, Mushroom, Bacon, and Havarti Patty Melt, and Chocolate & Banana Grilled Cheese are presented.
- Pancakes 4 Ways. // Good Housekeeping;Feb2013, Vol. 256 Issue 2, p168
The article offers recipes for four ways to modify pancakes made from a mix, including Strawberry-Almond pancakes, Bacon-Corn pancakes, and Peanut Butter-Banana pancakes.
- Just Desserts. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p72
The article offers updates related to food service. Italy-based pizza makers are improving over its pizza-making vending machine, which baked pizzas for about only three minutes. British scientists have discovered that bacon's appeal comes from a complex chemical interaction called Maillard...
- Palette Pleaser. Fournier, Jeff // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2009, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p14
An interview with chef Jeff Fournier of Massachusetts is presented. He talks about his interest in art which he incorporates in the design of his restaurant. He asserts that he is involved in the design, from the selection of wood for the floor to the color of paint. He mentions his desire to do...
- A Spirited Garden. Hofstadter, Dan // Gourmet;Sep2002, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the Cambodian farmers and their gardens in Amherst, Massachusetts. Insights on Cambodian cookery and Southeast Asian crops; Background on the Khmer Growers, a group of mostly women and elderly farmers; Recipe for the Cambodian dish Vegetable and Chicken Curry.
- Khmer cuisine in Cambodia. Haggins, Jon // New York Amsterdam News;03/08/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p26
Features the Khmer cuisine offered at the Grand Restaurant in Cambodia. Praises for the restaurant staff and services; Attention on details; Details on the menu.
- Sautacute;ed Chestnuts, Onions and Bacon. // Guideposts;Sep2009, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p94
A recipe for SautÃ©ed Chestnuts, Onions and Bacon is presented.