Pie in the sky
- Business Profile: Arena's main job is making dough. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;11/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Profiles John Arena, co-owner of Metro Pizza chain. Personal and professional background; Business and management practices; Challenges faced; Specialties.
- Eateries ready to increase their prices because of high cost of trucking in supplies. Carroll, Laura // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/27/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
Reports on possible increases of menu prices in Nevada due to high cost of oil. Views of chef AndrÃ© Rochat, proprietor of Andre's French Restaurant, on the cost of diesel fuel; Fear of Howard Han, owner of Narita Sushi Bar, of losing loyal clientele if the bar increase its prices;...
- Alfredo of Rome's Bellanca fights for piece of market share. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/01/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
Reports on Alfredo of Rome restaurant owner Russell Bellanca's selection of prominent pieces of art to hang on the walls of the restaurant located at the Rockefeller Center in New York; Description of caricatures by Al Hirshfeld; Dishes offered by the restaurant.
- TOWERING PIZZA. Gurtner, George // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p140
Profiles pizza restaurateur Augie Muoto of New Orleans, Louisiana. Career background; Information on his Augie's Tower of Pizza restaurant; Insights about life and business.
- FORK AND THE VENUE WILL OPEN NEW CONCEPTS. Morgan, Tara; Murri, Jessica // Boise Weekly;6/27/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p32
The article reports on the assistance of restaurateur Cameron Lumsden in the opening of the Flatbread Community Oven Neapolitan pizza chain before opening the locally focused Northwest eatery Fork in early 2011.
- NIBBLES. // Louisville Magazine;Oct2015, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p140
An interview with Emily Ruff, owner of the restaurant Lydia House in Schnitzelburg in Louisville, Kentucky, is presented in which she says that the Post in Louisville serves her all-time favorite pizza, that she always has two shelves and a produce drawer in her refrigerator, and that she would...
- Faster Food. Schaefer, Ben // PM Network;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p34
The article narrates how a few restaurants are redefining the way restaurateurs do business in a networked world, including Dom, a voice-ordering mobile phone application (app) from Domino's Pizza, and an interactive tabletop system for ordering and paying from the Asian fusion restaurant Inamo.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Giaquinto, Frank J.; Capozziello, Tony // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p14
Two letters to the editor are presented including one on a family into pizza making business sine 1899 and a former restaurateur who became a teacher.
- LaDou's legacy goes well beyond his pizza prowess. Coomes, Steve // Nation's Restaurant News;2/18/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p46
The article presents an interview with the late Ed LaDou, former chef-owner of Caioti Pizza Cafe of Studio City, California, about the pizza industry. LaDou believes the pizzas at Spago and California Pizza Kitchen provided, to a great degree, the fuel for the California-style pizza movement....