The Ideas Man
- Cost of Doing Business. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the business structure at Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey headed by Michael Atanasio, its manager of food and nutrition services. Information on the hospital's three-tiered system of serving meals is discussed. It also states several strategies to reduce catering...
- Castle Rock's Heavenly Manna. // Food Management;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses the introduction of the multi platform food service hospital food service concept Manna being planned by the U.S.-based Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, which will include several elements such as restaurant, convenience stores and room service.
- Trial & error start-ups. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p72
Describes the in-house convenience food store at the Celebration Health healthcare facility in Celebration, Florida. Creation of the store with the help of Season's Cafe, the facility's cafeteria; Incorporation of fresh produce and breads into the cafe menu; Initial capital investment; Adoption...
- Visionary Leader. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
The article features Nancy Geffre, director of nutrition and foodservices at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Geffre established a partnership with the leadership team of the hospital and Hot Stuff Foods to operate the Dakota Food Court. She also suggested having a...
- Healthy Convenience. Mastroberte, Tammy // Convenience Store News;11/15/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p159
This article reports that the convenience store C-3 Express offers grab-and-go food basics to employees and visitors to Detroit, Michigan's Henry Ford Hospital. The name C-3 stands for "convenience to the third power," implying it just doesn't get any better. The store was built into an 11-foot...
- Increasing Patient Satisfaction, for Michael Atanasio. // FoodService Director;3/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
The article presents an interview with Michael Atanasio, manager of food and nutrition services at Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey, about the patient satisfaction survey Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems and how he is increasing his scores.
- ACCOUNTABLE ABSENCES. // FoodService Director;Jan2017, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p50
No abstract available.
- California Fish School. Badham, James // Bon Appetit;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
Features the California Sushi Academy in Los Angeles, California. Role of the California Sushi Academy in teaching sushi-chef skills; Remarks by assistant instructor Philip Yi.
- SUSHI BONDING. // New Zealand Management;Aug2010, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p7
The article provides information on Japanese cooking classes conducted by Australian chef Sachie Nomura-Siu which are considered as the new trend in executive team building in Australia as of August 2010.