Navigating the Business Lunch
- Raring to Run. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
An interview with Keith Soster, foodservice director for University Union at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, is presented. Soster relates that running is his favorite activity during his spare time and has decided to try his hand at competing in triathlons four years ago. When asked about...
- VIEWPOINT: MIND YOUR MANNERS. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p36
Reports on the resurging focus within the foodservice industry on table manners and etiquette. Table manner and etiquette instruction at a college in the Northeast; Reason for the lowering of etiquette standards by operators.
- Make It a Surprise. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p37
The article reports on the efforts of the University of Michigan to reward its food service workers. Food service director Keith Soster organizes surprise social parties. He says the such parties relieve stress by letting the employees know that the management cares about them and their...
- How to send it back. Mariani, John // Esquire;Mar1998, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p34
Presents some guidelines on how to return unsatisfactory dishes in restaurants involving the waiters. Returning meat products and meal with capers; How mussel soup and raw shellfish should be serve; Proper serving of alcohol drinks.
- Football Rivals Face Off in the Kitchen. // Food Management;Dec2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p17
The article reports that football rivals, the University of Michigan (U-M) Wolverines and the Ohio State University Buckeyes compete at The Culinary Vegetable Institute (CVI) in Milan, Ohio for a special Earth to Table Dinner event in which U-M emerged as the winner.
- Univ. of Michigan Index Up to 110.9. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p2
Informs on the rise in the University of Michigan's mid-May 2000 consumer sentiment index.
- Univ. of Michigan Jan. index at 101.0. Sigel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p2
Reports that the University of Michigan's mid-month consumer sentiment index for January 1999 was at 101.0.
- University of Mich. Index Falls to 91.6. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p2
Informs on the performance of the University of Michigan's June 2001 consumer sentiment index.
- OUR BACK PAGES: STORIES FROM THE CATERER VAULTS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/4/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4543, p16
The article focuses on the news story related to catering published in the August 15, 1919 issue of "The Caterer and Hotel Keepers' Gazette." It talked about the table manners of different countries and different times also have their influence on the matter. The author said that diners of a...