Compass Starts 'Flexitarian' Diet Initiative
- ALTERNATE FORMAT: Compass Group. R. V. // SN: Supermarket News;Summer2010 Whole Health, p18
The article offers information on the "Be A Flexitarian" eating program from Compass Group PLC in the U.S.
- Food service company keeps pulse on college dining. Occhipinti, Christina // Westchester County Business Journal;11/27/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 48, p26
The article focuses on teaching college students about healthy living and healthy eating in New York. Chartwells Dining Services, the world's largest food service company and the educational division of the Rye Brook-based Compass Group PLC, has created the Pulse on Dining program to incorporate...
- Experts say: Write I down! // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Recommends the use of a food diary to monitor and change destructive eating habits. Jotting down of information on food eaten; Investment to health.
- Trends in Availability of Foods and Nutrients: A Comparison Between the United States... Zizza, Claire; Gerrior, Shirley // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p26
The Mediterranean diet is of interest for its health-promoting qualities. The purpose of this study is to better define this diet and to compare it with the U.S. diet. We examined U.S. and Italian food-balance sheet data for 1961-92. Per capita per year food estimates show less available whole...
- Stages of Change in Clinical Nutrition Practice. Molaison, Elaine Fontenot; Ldn // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p251
Abstract For years, nutritionists have developed education materials that attempted to change dietary behaviors. However, most of these programs were effective only in increasing knowledge and did not produce long-term behavior change. Research indicates that nutrition interventions will be more...
- Rate your diet. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
Presents a quiz regarding diet and eating habits. Focus of the quiz; Instructions for taking the quiz; System of scoring. INSET: Scoring your diet..
- Pantry Raid. Cummings, Ingrid E. // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on author's experiences with nutritionists invited to her home, to appraise the contents of her refrigerator and pantry. Nutritionists Pat Custer and Jodi Smith's advice to the author on food habits; Confusion in the author's mind owing to differences in views of the two nutritionists.
- `Fat nostalgia' sells lasagna and other sins. Walker, Chip // American Demographics;Apr94, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Presents the results of a survey made by D'Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles of adult Americans' attitudes regarding fat in their diet. Fat nostalgia and the recession of the early 1900s; Three segments of consumers based on their attitudes toward fat; Ambivalents; Uninteresteds; Fat-free fanatics.
- Pound sign. Gunch, Modine // New Orleans Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p123
Narrates the author's experience regarding Sugar Busters diet. Advice given to her by her sister-in-law regarding going on a diet; Reactions of the service crews at McDonalds in response to her orders; Solution she came up with concerning her diet routine.