CCN Fast Facts: Outcomes in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit by Implementing Daily Goal Tools
- READERS REQUEST THEIR OWN CRITICAL CARE NURSE. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
The article presents the results of a survey on what characteristics should a critical care nurse have. A total of 29 respondents answered the survey, all were critical care nurses. Top attributes that critical care nurses should have include caring, patient advocacy and compassionate. Others...
- EB67: Creating a Culture of Evidence-Based Practice. Voogd, Sarah; Kemp, Lucas; Vrchota, Jan // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, pe21
No abstract available.
- USE OF CARE BUNDLES IN CRITICAL CARE. Fulbrook, Paul // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p66
No abstract available.
- 'End-of-life' decision making within intensive care-objective, consistent, defensible? Ravenscroft, Andrew J.; Bell, M. D. Dominic // Journal of Medical Ethics;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p435
Objective--To determine the objectivity, consistency and professional unanimity in the initiation, continuation and withdrawal of life-prolonging procedures in intensive care--to determine methods, time-scale for withdrawal and communication with both staff and relatives--to explore any...
- Coding for critical care: Timing is everything. // ED Management;Nov2008, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p125
The article offers instructions for proper documentation and billing of emergency departments' critical care division.
- From the Editor. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 22, preceding p1
The article discusses the report about managing anemia in critically ill patients and the role played by critical care nurses in their care.
- Briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p35
Presents updates on issues related to critical care nursing in Australia as of October 2000. Observations made by nurses from Flinders University in South Australia; Causes of stress among postgraduate critical care nurses; Emergency services for children with special health care needs.
- INTENSIVE CARE UNITS "WITHOUT WALLS" - CONCEPT "OUTREACH. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
An abstract of the article "Intensive Care Units Without Walls - Concept Outreach," by Gordana DragoÅ¡ev, Petar MirkoviÄ‡, and Sofija AlijeviÄ‡ is presented.
- Audit Commission calls for improvements to critical care. White, Caroline // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/30/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7218, p1152
Reports on the critical care services in England and Wales. Cost of critical care in England and Wales; Mortality in intensive care units in England and Wales.