The Change Brokers
- A Bit of Give and Take. Arana-Barradas, Louis // Airman;Apr2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p22
Details the search and rescue and evacuation exercise of the airmen from the United States (U.S.) and Chilean Armed Forces in Atacama Desert. Significance of the military exchange program to Chile; Approach used by U.S. airmen in the military exercise; Aim of the military exercise.
- Chilean F-16 Contract Finalized. Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p19
Reports on Lockheed Martin Corp.'s contract with the U.S. Air Force to build F-16 Block 50+ aircraft for the Chilean Air Force. Terms of the deal; U.S. Foreign Military Sales program; Electronic warfare system to be equipped with F-16.
- Chile To Buy Block II HARPOON Missiles. // Defense Daily;9/29/2006, p7
The article discusses the plan of Chile to buy HARPOON Block II missiles. The U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified the U.S. Congress yesterday of a possible foreign military sale to Chile of 20 RGM-84L HARPOON Block II missiles as well as associated equipment and services. The prime...
- THREE YEARS IN CHILE: FORGING FRIENDSHIPS WITH A SOUTH AMERICAN NAVY. Cody, Mike // Naval Aviation News;Spring2011, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p10
The article features Lieutenant Anthony Bravo of the U.S. Navy who was an exchange pilot flying the P-3ACH in Chile for three years, under the exchange program for language skills, regional expertise and cultural awareness strategy. It says that Bravo supports to protect Chilean sovereignty and...
- Storm Watch. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the weather conditions at Kelflavik, Iceland and difficulties faced by the U.S. Air Force personnel in operating their routine duties. Security provided by troops stationed at the Kelflavik airport to guard Iceland; Approximate number of airmen stationed at the airport. INSETS: All...
- Troops going to Bosnia face `no drags.' // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p16
Announces the change in policy for the processing of airmen deployed with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) peacekeeping mission in Bosnia. Center in charge of processing the airmen.
- United States Stepping Up Engagement with African Air Forces. Warwick, Graham // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Jul2010, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p216
The article discusses the U.S. Air Forces Africa (AFAFRICA) organization and its expected increases in engagements in Africa, citing the comments of U.S. Vice Commander Brigadier General Michael Callan. Statistics on the number of such engagements undertaken since 2008 are noted. Also known as...
- Positive containment in Nicaragua. Vaky, Viron P. // Foreign Policy;Fall87, Issue 68, p42
The author argues in favor of a strategy of containment of Sandinistas in Nicaragua. Suggestions for this policy. Reagan Administration policies.
- The Cuba contingency. Demarest, Geoffrey B. // Military Review;Jan1994, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p58
Analyzes the range and character of potential responsibilities of the United States Army concerning Cuba. Hypothetical scenarios of the last days of Fidel Castro's regime; Refugee reception, control and processing; Ecological cleanup; Public health; Security of key national properties; Prison...