Total Gets Into U.S. Shale With Chesapeake Deal
- Total Makes $2.3 Billion Investment In U.S. Shale Gas. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the investment of French oil group Total SA on the development of U.S. shale gas reserves in Ohio through a deal with Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- CNOOC buys abroad to develop at home. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2011, Issue 837, p11
The article reports on the investment of China National Offshore oil (CNOOC) in the U.S. shale gas leases of Chesapeake Energy to help develop its own onshore energy resources and to reduce overall emissions.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. posted a 40% decline in fourth-quarter net income. // World Energy News;2/22/2013, p2
The article reports on the decline in the 2012 fourth-quarter net income posted by natural gas producer, Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- Total Buys Shale Stake from Chesepeake and Enervest. Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;1/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the decision of Total to pay 2.3 billion dollars to acquire a 25% stake in the Utica Shale play of Chesapeake Energy and EnerVest in Ohio in December 2011.
- Chesapeake Energy, CNOOC Limited Have Eagle Ford Cooperation Agreement. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the contract signed between Chesapeake Energy Corp. and CNOOC Ltd., through which CNOOC International Ltd. will purchase a 33.3% undividend interest in the former's 600,000 net oil.
- Devon Energy to test wind turbine at Canada plant. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;12/8/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p17
This section offers news briefs on the energy industry in Texas as of December 2008. Devon Energy Corp. bought a 1.5 megawatt (MW) wind turbine from Canadian manufacturer AAER Inc. for use at its Coleman Gas Plant in Alberta. Cano Petroleum Inc. signed commitment letters with Union Bank of...
- Operators: Louisiana's Haynesville is the new it-shale. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;6/16/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p21
The article reports that Barnett's operators XTO Energy Inc. and Chesapeake Energy Corp. have announced their business debuts in Louisiana's Haynesville Shale, which runs through about eight north-western Louisiana parishes in 2008. On June 10, XTO announced its agreement to purchase Dallas,...
- Chesapeake to Take $70M Charge Against Earnings for Layoffs. ROSS, JIM // State Journal (WV);10/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the move of the energy company Chesapeake Energy Corp. to take off $70 million charge from its third- and fourth quarter earnings in 2013 as a result of its layoffs in West Virginia.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. reported a quarterly profit of US$ 15 million. // World Energy News;5/7/2013, p4
The article reports that Chesapeake Energy Corp. has recorded an increased quarterly profit of 56 percent because of its crude oil output and increased natural gas prices.