Investing and the Human Brain
- Your Money & Your Brain. Sayre, Carolyn // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/22/2007, Issue 41, p56
The article reviews the book "Your Money & Your Brain" by Jason Zweig.
- Investment Decisions. Ittig, Peter T. // Decision Line;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p19
The article reviews the book "Your Money & Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich," by Jason Zweig.
- YOUR MONEY & YOUR BRAIN. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p34
The article reviews the book "Your Money & Your Brain," by Jason Zweig.
- Investment fears? Blame the wild animal in your brain. Mueller, Shirley // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p28
Comments on the relation between amygdala and investment decisions. Storage of unconscious memories by the primitive region; Stimulation of normal amygdala by emotional stimuli; Control of fear.
- Mad Money. Chatzky, Jean // Women's Health;Nov2010, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p112
The article offers tips about dealing with finances. Jason Zweig, author of "Your Money & Your Brain," revealed that people find it painful to lose a lot of money, producing poor decisions on investing. A study by Dr. Dan Ariely and colleagues suggests that people must think of the consequences...
- Identification and Characterization of GABAergic Projection Neurons from Ventral Hippocampus to Amygdala. Lübkemann, Robert; Eberhardt, Judith; Röhl, Friedrich-Wilhelm; Janitzky, Kathrin; Nullmeier, Sven; Stork, Oliver; Schwegler, Herbert; Linke, Rüdiger // Brain Sciences (2076-3425);2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p299
GABAergic local circuit neurons are critical for the network activity and functional interaction of the amygdala and hippocampus. Previously, we obtained evidence for a GABAergic contribution to the hippocampal projection into the basolateral amygdala. Using fluorogold retrograde labeling, we...
- Wired for wealth? // Finance Week;3/21/2005 Collective Insight, p17
The article presents information on decision making in behavioural finance. One of the great puzzles for behavioural finance adherents has been just why it is that human beings make such persistent, bad decisions in investing. Jason Zweig, well-known international author and columnist on...
- Prediction Addiction. Roth, Allan S. // Financial Planning;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p85
The article discusses the dangers of predictions in investing. It notes that investors, often inclined to look for order and patterns, think financial planners are soothsayers. It also examines the human compulsion to predict as elaborated by Jason Zweig. The author concludes that financial...
- UK savings set to rocket by 2008. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p88
Looks into the status of household savings and investments in Great Britain. Factor implicated to be the cause of the slow growth rate of household savings and investments; Reason behind the decrease in consumers who are taking investment risks; Forecast on the rate of household savings and...