HR Best Practices
- Best Practices I have seen. Marois, Kevin // Fabricare Canada;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses the best practices for in dry cleaning in various dry cleaning plant. It states the essential of creating an atmosphere with a happy attitude while working in a plant to communicate with co-worker. It mentions the help of the owner to act as the chief entertainer...
- Human resource audits improve business performance. Beccarelli, Michele T. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/17/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p42
The article focuses on the importance of the company's human resource policies and practices in the business. These policies and practices should compliance with local, state, and federal laws that are legally defensible. Human resource audit is very significant in business management. The goal...
- Best Practices. // Supply House Times;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p146
Shares best practices for successfully managing employees. Recommendation for employers to establish and communicate the company's standard for ethical behavior; Importance of maintaining the proper privacy standards between an employee's personal life an his or her source of employment.
- Top job. Williams, Linda // Personnel Today;11/30/2004, p22
This article presents an interview with Linda Williams, head of HR at Cheshire Building Society the 10th largest society in Great Britain. Responding about her earlier appointments she said that she was leading the HR aspects of a phased transfer of manufacturing from Lancashire to Romania for...
- How to institutionalise dissatisfaction. Manzoni, Jean-François // European Business Forum;Spring2005, Issue 21, p81
Discusses six ways to encourage dissatisfaction in employees. Searching for best practice; Gathering of customer and employee data; Supporting employees' efforts to drive for continuous performance improvement.
- A NOVEL APPROACH TO JOINT BUSINESS AND INFORMATION SYSTEM DESIGN. Barros, Oscar // Journal of Computer Information Systems;Spring2005, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p96
In this paper, I will present a novel approach to encapsulate high level knowledge and business logic in Business Objects Frameworks. These frameworks are derived from formal and explicit Business Process Patterns, which are generalized designs that include the best practices for businesses in a...
- Adapt best practice suggestions to suit. Wilkinson, Amanda // Employee Benefits;2008 Best Practice, p7
The article discusses various reports, related to best practices, published within the issue, including one by Alan Thomas concerning the implementation of peer recognition and another by Mike Hazelgrave on employee share plan.
- The Truth About "Best Practice" Fitz-enz, Jac // Human Resource Planning;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses the best practices used in human resource management. Many of the best practice stories pander to the value systems of the reader. Most human resources people like to think that success is a function of caring about people and designing social services that allegedly...
- Training and Development: Best Practices. Bjomberg, Linda // Public Personnel Management;Winter2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p507
The IPMA HR Benchmarking Committee has identified a series of successful approaches -- 'best practices' -- in key human resource areas from the 2001-2002 HR Benchmarking Survey. The primary purpose of the benchmarking project is to provide human resource practitioners with tools, models,...