Celebrating a half century
- Alstons joins Harrington Mill line-up. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2010, Issue 5703, p6
The article reports on the debut of furniture manufacturer Alstons at the Harrington Mill Exhibition in Long Eaton in Great Britain
- Retailers positive as sales values increase. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p2
Focuses on the value of sales increase of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the year 2001. Value of sales for the year 2000; Growth of bedroom furniture sales; Sales for Alstons and modern styles.
- RADIO VET DIES AT 100. // Urgent Communications;Sep2008, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article presents an obituary for Mills Radio Co. founder Harry Mills.
- One of the family. // Cabinet Maker;4/9/2004, Issue 5383, p30
Interviews the Alstons group sales director John Board. Educational background of Board; Color of the living room of Board; Perception of Board on life.
- Alstons awarded Manufacturing Guild Mark. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2013, Issue 5862, p10
The article reports on the Manufacturing Guild Mark (MGM) received by sofa maker Alstons in 2013 and mentions that the award is given to the top 50 companies at the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Home, sweet up-north home. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p16
Focuses on the retirement districts in Northern Michigan. Scenery of the place; Feasibility of Harbor Spring for executive retirees; Reason of executives on choosing Harbor Springs.
- SERP programs remain popular despite modest benefits. Harris, Paul // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p43
Provides information on a survey by KPMG's Compensation and Benefits Practice regarding the popularity of supplemental executive retirement plans (SERP) among large companies. Percentage of respondents in the poll that are offering SERP; Coverage of the survey; Percentage of employers that are...
- Is your business your retirement plan? Wells, Rey // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/19/94, Vol. 10 Issue 19, Estate Planning for... p11
Offers advice on creating retirement funds for business owners in the United States. Use of pre-tax dollars; Use of after-tax dollars; Features of the method; Advantages.
- Your work is never done. Berglas, Dr. Steven // Inc.;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p31
Discusses how many creative company builders balk at the prospect of becoming professionally inactive during retirement. The example of how George Eastman, founder of Eastman Kodak, committed suicide after retiring from the company; The author's experience with working with a former...