The big business of giving
- CED grants tax abatements, deferrals. // Las Vegas Business Press;02/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p21
Lists the types of businesses that was granted sales and used tax abatements by the state Commission on Economic Development in Nevada. Ophthalmic lens maker Polyvision; Payroll tax filing service firm Ceridian Tax Services; Sunterra, a collection administration firm; Credit card processing...
- Business stays behind lines in Issue 1 battle. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/28/97, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the business community in Cleveland, Ohio, has been asked to support a $200,00 campaign against the city's referendum on tax abatement known as Issue One. How business executives responded to the proposal; Implications of Issue One if passed; Positions of the Greater Cleveland...
- Measuring (and making the most of) group relief. Crouch, Peter // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p96
Presents guidance to British companies on exploiting the group tax relief. Method of quantifying the amount of relief than may be claimed; Practical implications; Criteria which should operate to maximize the relief.
- City puts tax man on hold. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/29/97, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p9
Lists several companies which received tax abatements for expansion projects and equipment purchases from Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1997. Range of the size of abatements; Number of jobs that are expected to be added to the city's overall workforce.
- City OK'd tax gifts with no strings. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p1
Reports the possibility of tax abatement granted local companies facing financial problems to be cancelled in Indianapolis, Indiana. Reason behind the possible cancellation; Changes in the clawback provision associated with tax abatement; Prevalence of companies confronting financial issues in...
- United's lesson for Indianapolis. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p12
Comments on the issues associated with the granting of tax abatement to local companies in Indiana. Viability of the tax abatement to uplift the economy; Prevalence of companies in bankruptcy; Importance of a holistic approach to economic development.
- Tax talks. // Business Press;11/01/96, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p27
Reports that the Keller Economic Development Board is considering an economic incentive program that utilizes tax abatements to woo businesses in Keller, Texas.
- City approves tax abatements for six companies totaling... Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/03/97, Vol. 15 Issue 44, pB-8
Reports that the Grand Rapids City commissioners have approved $11.3 million in tax abatements for six firms. Improvements being made by the companies to help create jobs for the economy.
- What price playing with big boys? Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p13a
Provides information on the creation private enterprises in Indianapolis, Indiana. Forms of tax abatement; Use of taxes to aid competing businesses; Enhancement on the image of the community.