- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p3
Presents developments in the furniture industry as May 2001. Purchase of a tannery by ChairWorks in Taiwan; Acquisition of Strines Textiles by Walker Greenbank; Increase of sales by manufacturer Selfridge; Addition of a contract exhibition to the fabric show Decosit.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the cabinet industry in Great Britain. Research reveals that the country's profit warning as of December 31, 2007 totalled 384. The Homeserve Furniture Plus purchased the Furniture Repair Network (FRN). The furniture sales of Littlewoods Shop Direct were...
- Fenwick offers pound71m for Bentalls. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p5
Reports the purchase of furniture department store chain Bentalls by rival company Fenwick in England. Strategic fit for Fenwick; Opportunity for employees and shareholders; Prediction of sales for the combined chain.
- Robertson group acquires Southport. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p2
Reports that an investor group called The @ Home Co. has purchased the inventory, dealer base and other assets of bedroom importer Southport Furniture from McQueen Campbell. Formation of The @ Home by Steve Robertson and Jed Wickham.
- The Globally Integrated Enterprise. Shulman, Ken // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Apr2012 Steelcase Supplement, p22
The article features the global operations of the office furniture company Steelcase. Since 2000, Steelcase has bought out many of its international partnerships. It has purchased manufacturing facilities and opened scores of sales offices around the world. The company reduced its global...
- Sauder Completes Progressive Buyout. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep2001, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p14
Announces that Sauder Woodworking Co. has completed its purchase of Progressive Furniture in September 2001. Combined sales of the companies in 2000.
- Virginia Sterling acquires Canal Dover assets. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;10/6/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p61
The article reports that Virginia Sterling Furnitures has completed the asset purchase of Canal Dover Furniture in Canfield, Ohio. It provides information on the company's taking over of production in Canal Dover's 75, 000 square feet of manufacturing operations. It discusses Virginia Sterling's...
- Brand of brothers. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2003, Issue 5346, p18
Interviews Steve Adams and Antonello Bracalello, executives of furniture retailer Natuzzi, on the purchase of Kingdom of Leather from Barclays in Great Britain.
- Discounting to the death. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the successful attempt of Lord Kirkham to buy back DFS Furniture Co. PLC. As a private firm, DFS can now afford to take a hit to its margin to see off rivals. Freed from the shackles of being a PLC, with demands for constant growth, Kirkham can now turn his attention to...