Waterford Wedgwood pays pound6.8 m for stake in Ashling
- Waterford broadens line with W-C Designs parent. Corral, Cecile B. // Home Textiles Today;7/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p2
Reports the acquisition of Ashling Corp. by Waterford Wedgwood PLC in Anaheim, California. Business plans of Waterford Wedgwood; Business background of Ashling; Percentage of stock acquired.
- Waterford Wedgwood Acquires Spring AG Cookware. // Gourmet Retailer;Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p13
Reports the purchase of assets from Spring AG by Waterford Wedgwood PLC in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Business expansion plans of Waterford; Benefits for the acquisition of assets.
- Waterford Wedgwood Boasts Record 1999 Year-End Sales. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr2000, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the sales of Waterford Wedgwood PLC for the year ending December 31, 1999. Percentage increase of Waterford's 1999 sales; Acquisition of All-Clad Inc. by the company; Appointment of Sarah, the Duchess of York, as the company's American spokeswoman.
- Industry News. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug2001, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p16
Presents an update on the giftware industry in the United States as of August 2001. Acquisition of Ashling Corp. from Fitzwilton Ltd. by Waterford Wedgwood PLC; Appointment of John Martin as president and chief executive officer at Illuminations; Acquisition of Baby Spa Inc. by Altschul...
- Briefs. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the mergers of several companies. New England Partners company's acquisition of Fetco International, a designer of photo frames in the United States; Information on Waterford Wedgwood company's acquisition of Rosenthal company.
- Waterford Wedgwood Files For Administration. Jones, Nina // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/6/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p23
The article presents a corporate profile for Waterford Wedgwood PLC. It was founded in 1759 and manufactures its own lines of tableware and crystal glassware, alongside ranges created by designers including Marc Jacobs, John Rocha and Vera Wang. The company has 19 stores in Great Briatin,...
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/3/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 45, p14
The article presents news briefs related to business enterprises in the U.S. The firm J.Mendel will not renew its lease at 461 East Hopkins Avenue in Aspen, Colorado as it is only interested in opening freestanding boutiques in the most prime locations in the world. The company Waterford...
- KPS Capital Partners Completes WWRD Assets Buy. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/30/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p17
The article reports on the completion by KPS Capital Partners of its transaction to integrate several Waterford Wedgwood Plc assets into its portfolio. According to the private equity firm, it plans to immediately begin work to build both organically and through acquisition its newest assets....
- Wedgwood axes jobs. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Jan/Feb95, Issue 115, p2
Reports on the closure of Waterford Wedgewood PLC's Johnson Brothers' Imperial factory in Stoke-on-Trent, England. Contingency plans for the workers; Reasons for closure; Investments of the company in Johnson Brothers.