Retailer fears VAT on sales to disabled
- Primback: pay the VAT. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p1
Reports the payment of value added taxes (VAT) by furniture retailers in Europe. Confirmation of the European Court of Justice on the requirement of payment of the full retail price of the VAT; Judgement of the shift of the burden of the cost of credit to retailers; Limitations on rules of customs.
- Reliability issues. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2010, Issue 5700, p3
The article reports on the introduction of the 20 percent value-added tax (VAT), which is the main reason for the revisions of growth estimates and inflation forecasts in the furniture market in Great Britain.
- Get your house in order. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2010, Issue 5714, p3
The article discusses the issue of value added tax increase (VAT) that can affect the furniture retailers industry in Great Britain.
- January VAT increase pushes November homewares. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p7
The article reports that the impending increase of the value-added tax (VAT) has augmented the November 2009 sales of homewares according to BDO's High Street Sales Tracker report in Great Britain.
- Happy New Year. // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2011, Issue 5719, p3
The article presents the author's insights regarding the furniture industry, the value added tax (VAT) and the approved mortgages in Great Britain.
- Three weeks after VAT came in -- it's all quiet in the high street. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p32
The article presents a reprint of the article "Three Weeks After VAT Came In--It's All Quiet in the High Street," which appeared in the April 27, 1973, issue of "Cabinet Maker." It discusses the impact of value added tax (VAT) on the furniture industry in Great Britain. When VAT came in, many...
- Best foot forward. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2008, Issue 5617, p3
The article presents the author's comments on challenges that lie ahead for the furniture industry and trade. Citing value-added tax, consumer spending and online sales, the author states that common wisdom continues to suggest that working on a cash basis and low borrowing implies sound advice....
- VAT increase failed to buoy furniture sales in December, says BHF-BSSA. // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2011, Issue 5723, p12
The article presents the results of the Quarterly Sales Monitor conducted by the British Hardware Federation-British Shops and Stores Association (BHF-BSSA) on the furniture sales over the fourth quarter of 2010 despite the expected rush of the value-added tax (VAT) rise.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/5/2009, Issue 5640, p10
The article reports on the deflation the furniture industry has experienced for seven consecutive months in Great Britain in May 2009, according to the British Retail Consortium (BRC). It also indicates that the total deflation in furniture and floor coverings showed 2.7% by BRC-Nielsen Shop...