PEOPLE AND POSTS
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;1/19/2010, p16
The article announces several appointments including Liz Willis as head of learning and development at Caring Homes Group, Jackie Richardson as senior vice-president at Torus, and Ludivine Stagnaro as new in-house recruitment manager at VMA Group.
- NEW APPOINTMENTS. // Training Journal;Apr2010, p78
The article announces the appointments of several executives in Great Britain including Jackie Richardson as head of global human resources at international specialty insurer Torus, Catherine Milner as chairwoman at the Institute of Operations Management and Danielle Rees as production project...
- People moves. // Employee Benefits;Feb2010, p10
The article announces career developments of several executives in Great Britain including the resigantion of Stephen Gambles as reward and benefits manager at Alliance & Leicester PLC, the retirement of Graham Brown as head of people and support services at Barnardo's charity, and the...
- The IMS Management Game 1991/92. // Management Services;Jun92, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p48
The winners of the IMS management game Care Homes Ltd. in 1990 repeated their success in this year's final held at the Holiday Inn Leicester on April 11. The winning team received the Scott-Grant Trophy and a weekend in Amsterdam, traveling by the sponsors' British Midland and staying, courtesy...
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.
- Instilling the Worth Ethic. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines for improving managers' treatment and care of their employees. Need for managers to change their attitudes about themselves; Active listening; Concept of caring leadership; Support for creativity and innovation. INSET: The CHANGING Process.