Bring a coaching approach to performance reviews
- ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE THROUGH EFFECTIVE MENTORING. Adeyemi, Sunday // IFE PsychologIA;2011supplement, p366
The article presents mentoring as a powerful strategy for developing leaders and employees and sustaining the organization's competitive edge. Recommended are guidelines for establishing an effective mentoring program which include the conducive conditions, the responsibilities and ideal...
- Reverse Mentoring. Driscoll, Suzanne // Managing People at Work;Oct2012, Issue 367, p4
The article discusses reverse mentoring wherein senior staff learn from the younger generation which helps ensure that all employees remain relevant and updated in their fields.
- Calling All Mentors! // MSW Management;Jun2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p20
The article invites mentors to share their wisdom and professional insight to help and guide young professionals (YP) in their career, at the Minute Mentoring event at the company Wastecon in California.
- Why You NEED A Mentor. Jenkins, Maureen // Black Enterprise;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p80
Focuses on the importance of mentors in the professions. Origin of the word mentor; Benefits of having a mentor to African Americans; Overview of the 2004 Catalyst study "Women and Men in U.S. Corporate Leadership: Same Workplace, Different Realities"; Characteristics of a mentor-ready...
- Mentoring (Seven Dimensions Pty Ltd). // Mentoring (Seven Dimensions Pty Ltd);1/1/1997, p1
Video Length: 18 minutes. Learn the essential skills required by both mentors and proteges.
- How to Establish a Mentoring Program. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p25
Presents guidelines for an effective employee mentoring program in an organization. One-on-one training; Organizational impact of mentoring; Job identification; Selection of mentors.
- The Mentoring of Employees: Is Your Organization Taking Advantage of this Professional Development Tool? O'Reilly, Dennis // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep2001, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p51
Focuses on the mentoring of employees in accounting firms. Definition of mentoring; Recognition of the role of mentors; Encouragement of facilitating mentoring; Use of formal mentoring programs.
- Mentoring: A group guide. Kaye, Beverly; Jacobson, Betsy // Training & Development;Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p23
Discusses mentoring as an effective process of training potential employees in an organization. Difficulties confronting formal mentoring systems; Discussion of the five functions of learning leaders; Tasks of learning leader; Learning-group concept of mentoring. INSETS: The right kind of...
- Reality check. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the importance of on-the-job coaching or mentoring. Percentage of employees who had a coach or mentor.