HOW TO…run an assessment centre
- Welcome to the 'new normal' Howard, Simon // People Management;11/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p58
Analyzes the recruitment market in Great Britain as of November 2002. Problems facing the market; Effects of deregulation in the financial markets on companies; Implication of the latest Recruitment Confidence Index on the hiring of human resource people.
- Investor in people. Newsom, Rebecca // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p48
The article discusses the importance of effective recruitment and staff management to waste developers. It notes that the staff selection involves determining whether applicants share the vision and goals of the developer, reside in the local area and have the potential for career growth. It...
- AN OVERVIEW OF CURRENT CAREER AND EMPLOYMENT SERVICES IN PUERTO RICO. Rodriguez Aledo, Carlos J. // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Winter2004/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p54
Presents information on the career and employment services in Puerto Rico. Employment and recruiting agencies; Level of Internet-based recruiting; Use of career fairs to recruit employees; Government programs available to employers; Services in higher education settings.
- Top Talent May be a Click Away. // Business People;Jul2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p68
The article focuses on the use of the professional networking website LinkedIn for recruiting purposes. It contends that in early 2011, there are at least 100 million members registered in LinkedIn who allegedly go to the site for professional or business growth. It suggests ways to use the...
- How to Deal With Headhunters. Bruce, Calvin // Black Collegian;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p42
Presents several guidelines in dealing with headhunters. Questions to be asked by the headhunter; Communication between the headhunter and the candidate for possible employment.
- A sense of permanence. // Personnel Today;Mar2005 Supplement, p32
The article reports that the latest Report on Jobs survey by Deloitte and the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) shows a further solid rise in the number of people placed in permanent jobs by recruitment consultants during January, extending the current period of expansion to 20...
- 2. Business Practice and Development: 2.5. Personnel Recruitment. // Doing Business with Spain;2001, p77
Chapter 2.5 of the book "Doing Business in Spain" is presented. It focuses on the process of personnel recruitment in Spain. The benefits of the move of the country to open its doors to foreign investment and influence include an improvement in employment rates and an increase in the number of...
- An Untapped Gold Mine. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p14
Provides information on the significance of creating an effective employment brand in recruiting from the Hispanic community in the U.S. Limitations of traditional recruiting methods.
- Building your employment brand. Blais, Jason // New Hampshire Business Review;10/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p42
The article offers tips on how to build an employment brand. It states that employers will need to pay close attention to the recruitment process to be successful. A profile of a candidate that is most likely to become an engaged employee must be formulated after being able to differentiate the...