Take a long view
- Predictors of Employee Trust of Their CEO: A Three-country Study. Costigan, Robert D.; Insinga, Richard C.; Kranas, Grazyna; Kureshov, Vladimir A.; Ilter, Selim S. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Summer2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p197
Prior literature suggests that employee trust in the firm's CEO and top management is critical to the firm's success. Identifying predictors of CEO trust should therefore prove valuable so that the firm can increase top-management trust and then capitalize on it. This study examines various...
- Leading light. de Rivaz, Vincent // Utility Week;10/29/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p18
The author explains the importance of leadership skills to building a sustainable economy. He reflects on his experience of becoming the national ambassador for Business in the Community (BITC) of Prince Charles of Wales. He asserts the importance of the ability to develop a corporate culture...
- LEADERSHIP AND LOYALTY. Gandz, Jeffrey // Ivey Business Journal;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p1
The article presents leadership strategies to achieve loyalty among subordinates. Managers should promote loyalty in a non-coercive manner. Managers are advised to identify personal values of employees and create business strategies in line with these values. Using debates to promote openness...
- Companies may have wrongly lost focus on employees. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/23/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p37
Reports on the challenges faced by human resources departments in Puerto Rico. Decline in the employees' loyalty to their employers; Decline in the talent and leadership levels to sustain performance; Challenges of management.
- management tips. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;May2004, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p17
Offers advice to managers on getting the support and loyalty of his people. Sharing information to employees; Ways to operate under stress; Approach to break bad habits; Suggestions on how to dismiss an employee.
- Use plan to attract, keep great people. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;May2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p60
Comments on the techniques of retaining top executives in a construction firm. Problems encountered by business owners; Core benefits of ownership desired by executives.
- Zmiany w organizacji a lojalnoÅ›Ä‡ pracownikÃ³w. Konieczko, Anna // Education of Economists & Managers / Edukacja Ekonomistow i Mene;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p43
Modern organizations, which want to grow, should implement changes, and take care OF human resource as well, because it is important to make a firm more competitive. Considering that, the managers attention should be focused on employees' loyalty. The loyalty may define how employees' trust in...
- THE ARGUMENT: DISSED LOYALTY. DAVIS, SAM // Workforce;Jun2015, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p38
The article focuses on alleged lack of concern among corporations regarding employees' loyalty with reference to a survey conducted by American Management Association. Topic discussed include views of respondents of the survey on topics like focus of organization on loyalty of employees,...
- LEADERSHIP QUALITIES. FRUM, N. // Acta Medica Transilvanica;mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p261
The article contains references to the main leadership qualities. The mains forms of leadership are described; the interrelation between managers and leadership is outlined. The leader's power is the power of the one who knows more than all others; his/her personal power is the power to...