New Nest to entice lower earners to save for old age
- Pension Appointees. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p43
Reports on the appointment of new trustees for the state pension board of Maryland. Career highlights of the appointees; Outline of responsibilities; Administration of benefits to public service employees.
- Data Protection Act binds trustees. // Employee Benefits;Dec2001, p9
Reports that the pension trustee exemptions to the Data Protection Act in Great Britain will no longer apply following the end of the Act's transition in October 2001. Implication of the end of the transition; Requirement for trustees.
- Pension members are losing faith. // Employee Benefits;Autumn2002 Supplement, p5
Reports on pension members' faith in the ability of companies and trustees to deliver. Quality of occupational pension; Security of pension investment; Improvement of investments over long term.
- Juggling flexibility with market returns. Ward, Sue // Employee Benefits;May2003, p06
Discusses several investment issues faced by pension scheme trustees in Great Britain. Stock market performance; Advice from investment consultants; Investment risks; Risk management. INSETS: The devil is in the timing;Closed schemes and stochastic valuations;Specific manager risks.
- Standard & Poor's Top 10s. // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p26
Lists the top trusts and investment funds in Great Britain as ranked by Standard and Poor's. Unit trusts; Investment trusts; Insurance funds; Individual pension funds.
- STANDARD & POOR'S TOP 10 FUNDS--OVER THREE YEARS. // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p59
Lists the top ten funds and trusts in Great Britain over three years as ranked by Standard and Poor's Corp. Insurance funds; Volatility; Individual pensions; Investment trusts; Unit trusts.
- Doing the fiduciary full monty. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;5/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
Reports that three Massachusetts pension fund trustees have staged a striptease to protest the state oversight. Violation of the fiduciary rights of the pension fund trustees.
- New York could change way it oversees pension assets. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;9/30/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on the plan on a board of trustees overseeing state pension assets in New York. Concerns of former city Comptroller Allan G. Hevesi on retirement systems; Comparison between sole trusteeship and board of trustees; Influence of state comptroller on retirement fund.
- LARGEST PENSION FUNDS. Brown, Stephen; Lessard, Raelyn // Crain's Detroit Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p14
Ranks the largest pension funds in Detroit, Michigan, based on total assets in 2000.