Skills match essential in volunteer placements
- SAAD SHAW. // Tennessee Tribune;6/9/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14A
The article presents the second part of a three part series on the development of a volunteer-led fundraising program which starts with the board and the process of creating an awareness on the roles and responsibilities associated with the initiative.
- Library, elementary announce fundraisers. Masterson, Marcie // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 38, p2A
The article offers information on various events in Texas including the annual Souper Super fundraiser of the Friends of the Bertram Library on October 3, 2014, the termination of the Halloween Festival of the Bertram Elementary School due to lack of volunteers, and the 3rd Sunday Sing of the...
- SNAPSHOT. // Third Sector;7/21/2009, p13
A photograph of the Macmillan Cancer Support volunteers in Primrose Hill, London, England launching the recruitment drive for its World's Biggest Coffee Morning fundraiser which will be held on 25 September 2009 is presented.
- Moral missive: jumping the queue. // Third Sector;4/30/2008, p36
The article provides an answer to the question of whether to reconsider a points system for volunteer fundraisers.
- Who's Soliciting Who? // Tennessee Tribune;1/19/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1C
The article discusses how to create a solicitation plan in order to increase fundraising results, keep volunteers focused and engaged and avoid duplicate solicitations.
- Thirsty for Redemption. Baker, Michael // Teen Ink;Oct2015, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p25
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in volunteering fr the Green Team, which collects recyclable cans and bottles to raise money.
- Fundraisers should also volunteer. Pidgeon, Stephen // Third Sector;5/27/2014, Issue 799, p18
The article argues on the need for fundraisers to be volunteers and on Institute of Fundraising (IoF) memberships.
- Rebuilding Together: A little help goes a long way. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/15/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p34A
Features the fund-raising support programs created by Rebuilding Together non-profit organization in Long Island, New York. Number of volunteers; Details on the annual budget allocated for various projects; Web sites of the organization.
- Helping out one 'half and half' at a time. Mcgregor, Susie // Eastern Door;9/2/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p12
The article offers information on the fundraising event of Volunteers for the Independent Living Center (ILC), which aims to raise money for the future events, outings, and activities of the members as well as to benefit residents through the selling of raffle and half and half tickets.