CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Presents news items related to the political and economic condition of the Czech Republic as of November 2002. Opposition to the proposed tax rise by some of the coalition partners of the country's Social Democratic government; Economic implications of the damages caused by the August 2002 flood.
- Czech Republic. // Background Notes on Countries of the World 2003;Feb2003 Czech Republic, p1
Presents information on Czech Republic. Geographical features of the country; Economy of the country as of February 11, 2003; Government and political conditions of the country.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;4/21/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p2
Reports on economic and political developments in Czech Republic from April 21-27, 2003. Improvement in the construction industry; Deflation in the Czech economy; Draft amendment to a bill on mandatory army service.
- CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Czech Republic including the Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek who announced an intention to reforming the nation's state pension system by 2012, consumer price inflation (CPI) which entered at 1.9 percent...
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses political and economic risks related to the Czech Republic. A referendum on the European Union constitution is looking increasingly likely to be held after the June 2006 elections. This, argues Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek, will provide time to achieve political consensus...
- Dead Heat. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Offers political and economic outlook for the Czech Republic for 2006. Impact of the outcome of the Czech parliamentary elections on the formation of a majority government; Need for the two leading political parties to form a grand coalition; Gross domestic product growth experienced by the...
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
Offers political and economic outlook for the Czech Republic for 2006. Result of the 2006 parliamentary elections; Concern raised by the Czech National Bank about the ongoing strength in the koruna; Fears that education system is not able to support a long-term supply of skilled workers.
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article presents a risk summary of the political, economic and business conditions in Czech Republic as of January 2009. It states that the ratification of the European Union's Lisbon Treaty is looking increasingly a risk. The decline to 6.6% year-on-year (y-o-y) in inflation rate in October...
- Background Note: Czech Republic. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Czech Republic;December 2004, p1
The article discusses political and economic conditions in Czech Republic. The majority of the 10.2 million inhabitants of the Czech Republic are ethnically and linguistically Czech. The Czech Republic was the western part of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic. The President of the Czech...