Survey: State revenue surpluses makes for a `prosperous but cautious' 1998
- Report Paints Grim Picture For States. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p1
Focuses on the collective budget shortfalls of states in the U.S. for the 2001 fiscal year. Value of the budget deficits and reasons for it according to a study conducted by the National Governors' Association and the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO); Forecast made by a...
- Getting a civil service job. Rowh, Mark // Career World;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p22
Presents tips in getting a civil service job in the United States. Advantages of civil service; Identification of job openings; Qualification exams; Polishing of interview skills. INSET: Government dollars..
- Pension scramble on hold. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p46
Reports that until cabinet members are chosen, American President Bill Clinton's administration has halted the scramble to fill pension-related jobs. Comments from Olena Berg, Assistant Secretary; When the inauguration of the president will take place; Expected shift at the Pension Benefit...
- N.Y. state beefs up its inspection staff. // Waste News;02/10/97, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p6
Reports that the state of New York's Department of Environmental Conservation will spend $400,000 to create 41 jobs. Reason for the move; Areas in which the jobs will be created.
- WANTED: leaders (niceness not required). Savacool, Julia // Self;Nov2000, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p114
Reports on the traits shared by those who accomplished major feats in government positions, according to a research.
- Testing for State and Local Government Job Queues. HEYWOOD, JOHN S.; MOHANTY, MADHU S. // Journal of Labor Research;Fall93, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p455
Examines the existence of general job queues for local and state employment through the econometrics of bivariate probit with partial observability. Two fundamental processes involved in a job queue; Effect of recognizing unionization; Net benefits from government employment; other estimate...
- Policing quangoland. Walker, David // Public Finance;07/18/97, p8
Analyzes the capacity of the British government to monitor the multiple appointments in public office. Consultation with appointment panels; Emphasis on the principle of selection; Proposals for advisory committees.
- NEEDED: Better customer service, more proactive outreach. Clark, Paul S. // Public Manager;Winter96/97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on careers in government. Details on how government is organized; Details on the training of employees; Information on candidates who run for office.
- City, school and hospital all have seats up for May 12th election. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);2/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p3
The article announces that the Aspermont Independent School District Board, the City Council of Aspermont, and the Stonewall County Hospital in Texas have vacant positions which need to be filled on May 12, 2007 election.