1.5M Sample 'Caprica'
- Isn't it ironic: Cable buying broadcast. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p8
Reveals that cable networks, Learning Channel and Sci-Fi Channel, are spending money in the spot television market for the first time. Good way of maximizing reach; Factors that led cable networks to look toward broadcast television to spend their marketing dollars.
- Yahoo! Orders up Prime Cuts of Sci-Fi. Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;03/01/99, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p6
Reports that USA Networks' Sci-Fi Channel is partnering with Yahoo! for a cross-promotion and national sweepstakes around its original dramas launching in March 1999. Details on the program; Rotating banners for the shows.
- HHCL work for Sci-Fi channel challenges `weirdo' perception. Newland, Francesca // Campaign;05/12/2000, Issue 19, p12
Focuses on advertising agency HHCL & Partners' development of a relaunch campaign for the cable, satellite and digital channel, Sci-Fi Channel.
- Olympics trigger early start to fall promo push. Levin, Gary // Variety;6/24/96, Vol. 363 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the promotional entertainment itinerary of television stations for the 1996 fall season. Impact of Olympics and high profile sports events; Use of pilot chips to introduce cast members and key relationships in series programs; Mechanics of day-and-date promotions; Concept advertising...
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.
- The Buzz. // Campaign;5/22/2015, p25
A review is offered of a television advertisement for the "Humans" television series of Channel 4 by advertising agency 4Creative.
- 7 agencies vie for Fit TV. Buyikian, Teresa; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/19/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the selection of one New York City- and six Los Angeles, California-based agencies to compete for Fit TV's $10 million advertising account. Contenders for the account; Requirements for creative presentations to the Los Angeles, California-based channel; Fit TV's advertising plans.
- Sci-Fi appoints HHCL to take the channel to a broader audience. Lee, Julian // Campaign;07/16/99, Issue 28, p10
Reports that the Sci-Fi Channel cable television network has selected HHCL & Partners to handle the advertising campaign of its programs. Goal of the campaign to broaden its audience beyond science fiction fans.
- Quiet Storm takes on Sci Fi Channel ad brief. // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p11
Reports on the appointment of Quiet Storm to handle an advertising account, following a three way bid, by Sci Fi Channel company in Great Britain. Advertising responsibilities of Quiet Storm; Statement of marketing director Eleanor McBrien regarding the responsibilities of Quiet Storm;...