MSG Spin Will Aid Cablevision
- Cablevision to spin off satellite business. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/6/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p9A
Reports plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to spin off its direct-broadcast satellite service along with the Clearview Cinemas theater Chain in Long Island, New York. Expected completion date of the spin-off; Cash infusion from Cablevision; View of the investment community.
- OVER THE RAINBOW. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;08/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 48, p5
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s plan to spin off its Rainbow Media unit into a separate tracking stock in order to unlock the value of its programming assets and gain currency for future investments. Negotiation with a deal with the New York Yankees baseball team; Plan to trade the...
- Cablevision feeds nets to the bird. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has announced a wholesale restructuring followed by a spinoff of the company's just-launched Voom satellite-programming division along with its prime basic cable networks AMC Entertainment Inc., Independent Film Channel and Women's Entertainment in the U.S....
- Cablevision, News Corp. Settle 'Puts.' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
Reports on a deal by News Corp. with MSO Inc. to reduce it's ownership in two regional sports networks in exchange of investment option to Cablevision Systems Corp. Sports networks involved in the deal; Percentage of companies holdings in the networks; Approximate amount of the deal; Modes of...
- Rainbow nets spinoff set. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;6/29/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 61, p5
The article reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s planned spinoff of AMC Networks on Wall Street, which is aimed at focusing on jettison underperformers or core businesses.
- Cablevision to spin off Rainbow. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;12/17/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 53, p2
The article reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s board of directors to spin off its Rainbow Media Holdings LLC's unit in Great Britain.
- Rainbow to fly solo? Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;11/19/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. will disjoint its Rainbow Media Holdings LLC entertainment group and its divestiture would be structured as a tax-free distribution to shareholders.
- Dolan Defends Voom DBS Service. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the statement of Cablevision Systems chairman Chuck Dolan to defend Voom DBS service of the company from criticism from investors. Decision to restructure the planned spinoff of the venture to shareholders; Remarks of analysts on the move of Dolan; Expectations of Cablevision on the...
- Cablevision's Spun-Off Satellite Unit Faces a Rough Future. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p14
Deals with the decision of cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. to let its stockholders fight the battle for position in the broadcast satellite market after spending money for a business that has not yet taken off. Impact of the decision on Cablevision; Reaction of the stock...