Alterman Returns to Comedy Central
- DIGITAL LAUGH TRACK. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;1/23/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 12, p6
The article announces the promotion of Kent Alterman as the head of Comedy Central's nonlinear fare and Comedy Central Enterprises.
- THR's Next Gen Party. SANDBERG, BRYN ELISE // Hollywood Reporter;11/20/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 38, p30
The article discusses the 2015 The Hollywood Reporters annual Next Gen celebration held in Los Angeles, California on November 4 which was participated by a new class of executives and dealmakers in the entertainment industry including United Talent Agency's (UTA) Peter Benedek and Comedy...
- Alterman back in Comedy club. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;1/15/2010, Vol. 412 Issue 49, p10
The article reports on the return of Kent Alterman to Comedy Central network as the head of original programming and production in Los Angeles, California.
- Alterman takes senior vp prod'n post at New Line. Kit, Zorianna // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p5
Announces appointment of Kent Alterman as senior vice president of production at New Line Cinema. Career background; Number of jobs slashed as a result of the America Online-Time Warner merger.
- ASK EVERY NETWORK EXEC THE SAME QUESTION... Rose, Lacey; Goldberg, Lesley // Hollywood Reporter;8/1/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 26, p30
The article discusses the views and insights of television executives with regards to various television shows at the Television Critics Association Press Tour. When asked about television shows that became trends but must end, movie producer Kent Alterman thinks that the television show...
- Ask 23 Network Execs the Same Questions... Rose, Lacey; Goldberg, Lesley // Hollywood Reporter;1/30/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 3, p40
An interview with several television network executives in the U.S., including Chris Kent of Starz, Kent Alterman of Comedy Central, and Sarah Barnett of BBC America. Among the issues they discussed include the television series they are not involved in that they would not want to miss, the...
- LOOKING FOR LAFFS. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;5/6/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that new Comedy Central programming chief Kent Alterman is casting several staffs for his first batch of development, including scripted laffers, skitch comedies and animated fare, and up-and-coming talents in the U.S.
- GOOGLING FOR GIGGLES. // Daily Variety;7/25/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 17, p15
The article reports that comics use the Internet to sample their funny talent and projects. According to Comedy Central head of original programming and development Kent Alterman, a good standup commedian have multiple talents which include writing, performing, and producing. Furthermore, the...
- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p24
Photographs of several people from the U.S. cable television industry are presented including Chuck Saftler from FX Networks at a reception, Comedy Central's president Kent Alterman and comedian Hannibal Buress at premiere of television program "Why? With Hannibal Buress."