Fox Soccer 1, Setanta Nil
- Speed Veers Into Reality. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the decision of Fox Sports Media Group-owned television network Speed to review its motor sports-themed reality programs in February 2011 as part of its 15th anniversary celebration in the U.S. Network president Hunter Nickell said that the company's decision aims to...
- Getting Into the Game. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;8/31/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p12
The article discusses the impact of sports on the ratings profile of television entertainment programs. Topics include an overview of the ratings records attained by various sports network including ESPN and Fox Sports, the entertainment programs which adopt a sports theme including "Ballers"...
- Golf eyes partner. // Electronic Media;7/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p40
Reports on near completion of The Golf Channel's deal with Fox Sports.
- Subs ditch Dish. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;2/25/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 39, p4
The article focuses on the reported loss of 156,000 subscribers of Satcaster Dish Network in the fourth quarter of 2010, due to the blackout of Fox Sports cablers and other Fox-owned outlets in October 2010.
- Fox Isn't Shy About Challenging ESPN. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;3/11/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that Fox Sports' strategy for FS1 is not to challenge ESPN with live sports, instead FS1 has positioned its studio shows and news franchise to go head-to-head against established ESPN series, with the biggest play Fox Sports Live.
- The Insider. Greppi, Michele; Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p6
Reports on developments in the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of August 20, 2001. Fox Sports' plans for capitalizing on its January 27, 2002 Super Bowl broadcast; Howard Homonoff's resignation as CNBC's vice president of strategic ventures.
- Fox Joining Cable Sports Rush. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that the firm Fox Sports Group will launch the Fox Sports 1 television network on March 5, 2013 which is expected to challenge ESPN for quality broadcasting of sports in the U.S. It notes that most media buying services believe Fox Sports will need more time before it can be...
- Fox Soccer Kicks It Up. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p32
The article reports on the wider coverage for the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Champions League in the U.S. It mentions that the 2009-2010, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 tournaments will be covered by Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Sports Net-owned and affiliated regional sports networks,...
- Media notes. Torpey-Kemph, Anne // MediaWeek;04/20/98, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p41
Provides an update on several television networks in the United States. Media coverage of Fox Sports for the 1998 Toshiba Tennis Classic tournament in San Diego; Documentary program to be aired over Classic Sports Network; Sports magazine to be launched by the Street & Smith company. INSETS:...
- Two Can Play at This Game. Weisman, Jon // Variety;8/13/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 1, p36
The article focuses on the launch of the twenty-four hour sports networks Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 and discusses the demand for sports programming in the U.S. in 2013. Topics include the cost of acquisition rights for sports broadcasting, the impact the networks will have on sports channels...