- From the Editor. Kocaçimen, Cemre // Ankara Bar Review;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the articles "Why does the American Constitution Work?," "Telecommunication Sector in Turkey" and "Competition Law in the Electricity Market: Liberalization and its Consequences."
- Dropped calls... Dingle, Simon // Finweek;3/25/2010, p34
The article reports on the positive results generated by the telecommunications group MTN on its annual results for the year ended December 2009 despite the bad economics in South Africa.
- TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE. // Czech Republic Country Profile;
The article reports on technological innovation in Czech Republic, which has been referred to as the "new Detroit, Michigan" due to its success in attracting automotive companies. Topics discussed include the advantages reaped by the former Czechoslovakia after World War I, the research and...
- Airtel reaches 300-mn subscribers mark. // Voice & Data;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8/9, p68
The article reports that the India's telecommunication operator Bharti Airtel has reached 300 million subscribers mark with its several operations including the direct-to-home (DTH) and digital subscriber line (DTS) services.
- Summary. // Iceland Country Profile;2009, p53
The article provides an overview of the technological needs of industrial enterprises in Iceland. It says that telecommunications company Siminn was the only firm allowed to operate technological development in the country. Moreover, the government has taken a full-fledged initiative to develop...
- Back to the future. Choueke, Mark // Marketing Week;1/4/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the development surrounding the British telecom provider BT Group PLC. The effort of the company to re-established itself in the telecommunication industry of the country has positives to focus on. The company successfully transformed itself back from they have conquered...
- The writing on the wall. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
The article focuses on the growth of mobile data businesses worldwide. According to the author, with the contribution of Internet players, such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc., the mobile web is going through an exciting growth stage. However, despite the development, still there are things needed...
- The Number Of TEO fiber-Optic Internet Users Has Surpassed That Of Broadband DSL. // FttX;Feb2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the accessibility of fiber-optic Internet from Lithuania-based telecommunications company TEO. Topics discussed include the growth of TEO-fiber optic Internet access compared to Digital Subscriber Lines (DSL) technology, the leadership of TEO in the Lithuanian...
- UGANDA TELECOMMUNICATIONS REPORT. // Uganda Telecommunications Report;2014 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p1
The article presents the Uganda telecommunications report for the second quarter of 2014, including 5-year forecasts to 2018. Topics include strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis of mobile, political and economic sectors, a market overview of the mobile sector, Africa...