- Western Show hitches ride with broadband. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 48, p32
Focuses on the 2000 Western Show cable television industry show to be held in Los Angeles, California. Highlights of the event; Focus on the industry's broadband business operations.
- TelcoTV '08 a staid affair. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
Information about several topics discussed during the TelcoTV 2008 conference and exposition is presented. Topics include the offer of a video-over-broadband services, high-definition television accounts and the bandwidth used by over-the-top services. Meanwhile, attendees of the affair include...
- East Coast Show Expands. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p9
Focuses on the cable television trade show East Coast Cable 2000 organized by the Atlantic Cable Partners in Baltimore, Maryland. Increase in number of exhibitors; Highlights of the trade show.
- NOTABLE TRENDS OF 'TOMORROW'. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p20
The article provides information on the trends discussed at the interactive television (TV) conference Television of Tomorrow (TVOT) held from March 3-5, 2010 at Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco, California. The topics included debates on managed network versus unmanaged network, how to...
- Network devils. Brown, Roger; Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p36
Highlights the Conference on Emerging Technologies held in January 2000 in Anaheim, California, which was attended by cable and telecommunications engineers. Preview of possible next-generation networks and other technologies from Broadcom Corp. President Henry Nicholas III; Security issues;...
- THE CTAM/SCTE MASHUP. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p32
The article presents information on the October 2010 Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit and the October 2010 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Cable Tec-Expo.
- 'This place is hopping'. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the highlights of cable television industry's 1998 Western Show in Anaheim, California. Quality of exhibits; Participation of major retailers including Circuit City, Radio Shack and Best Buy; Party for outgoing E! Entertainment Television President Lee Masters; Panel discussion...
- Carriers prepare for open market. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/16/95, Vol. 229 Issue 16, p16
Focuses on the discussion about global open marketplace for telecommunications and cable television companies at the Telco-Cable VII conference in Washington, D.C. Role of interactive services on consumer habits; Key to a company's success; Telecommunication and cable television's development...
- Vendors grumble before show. Haugsted // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p217
Reports on complaints by vendors at the December 1999 Western Show in Los Angeles, California that industry consolidation will keep key decision-makers away from the event. Prediction of cutbacks in support; Use of funds to launch programs and extend programming brands into interactive or...