Series Released Into 'Wild'
- Fur love and money. Hay, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/15/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6211, p40
Reports on the television programs of, and the success factors behind, Animal Planet, the second fastest-growing cable network in the United States. `Crocodile Hunter,' hosted by Steve Irwin; `Emergency Vet,' starring veterinarian Steven Petersen; `Lie Like a Dog' quiz show.
- Animal Planet on hunt for younger audiences. Paskin, Willa // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, p28
Reports on the Animal Planet cable television channel's launch of programming in 2005 and 2006 to attract younger audiences. Introduction of the Simple Pleasures daytime block; Release of a series called "Caught in the Moment"; Description of other programs such as "Doga" and "Backyard Habitat."
- 'Thoroughbred': Equine Ups and Downs. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p28
Features Animal Planet's television program 'Thoroughbred.' Process behind winning horseraces.
- Up the Food Chain. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;3/30/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 13, special section p4
The article discusses the efforts of the Animal Planet cable television network to increase its popularity. The show "Whale Wars," which features environmentalist vigilantes disrupting whaling activities, is described as an example of the network's attempts to expand beyond its reputation for...
- To "Meerkat' Fan Leary: Blue Label is in the Mail. Haugsted, Linda; Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p31
The article reports on U.S.-based cable television network Animal Planet's multiplatform marketing campaign for the television program "Meerkat Manor." The network is plugging the show on a sports-radio AM station in New York. Radio show host Kim Jones declared that "Meerkat Manor" is going to...
- Discovery preps beast bouts. Mitchell-Marell, Gabrielle // Daily Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 54, p6
Reports on the plans of the Discovery cable network to air the television program "Animal Games" in anticipation of the Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.
- Friend to animals in Hallmark's herd. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;9/4/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that Hallmark Channel has acquired exclusive cable rights to "Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures" from Litton Entertainment. As part of the deal, Hallmark also acquired digital-distribution rights to the series on Hallmark-channel.com, and for distribution under the Hallmark...
- ANIMAL MAGNETISM. Klara, Robert // Brandweek;5/4/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 18, pAM8
The article focuses on marketing executive Alexis Brunner of the cable television network Animal Planet. Brunner is credited with the successful marketing of the network's change in programming strategy to present more prime time television programs aimed at adults. Since the change, the...
- ANIMAL MAGNETISM. Klara, Robert // MediaWeek;5/4/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 18, pAM8
The article focuses on cable television programmer Alexis Brunner, creative director of the cable network Animal Planet. Brunner is credited with changing the network's prime time program schedule to present animal-related programs aimed at a more adult audience. The network has enjoyed higher...