- Asia Prime territory for Beeb. Rothrock, Vicki; Osborne, Magz // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p27
Reports on the business strategy of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to penetrate the Asian cable market. Distribution of BBC Prime in Hong Kong, China; List of Asian countries targeted by the company; Number of staff employed at BBC Worldwide.
- CART Will Offer Its Teams More Incentives in 2003. Stone, David // Auto Racing Digest;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Reports the business planning of the cable television network CART. Enactment of incentive plan; Creation of marketing opportunities to associate sponsors; Establishment of race title sponsorship.
- National cable nets challenged. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p1
Reports the business plan of Cable Connect, a local cable unwired network in the U.S. Improvements in the television programs of Cable Connect; Development of the advertisement to enhance programming; Strategies used to attract clients.
- Rebranded Nets Settle Into New Skin. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p10
Reports on the rebranding of cable television networks in the United States. Reasons of the change of programming philosophy; Effects of the rebranding on the distribution and viewership; Role of ratings on the success of network rebranding efforts.
- Migrating to data requires savvy business strategy. Kuhl // CED;Jul99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p96
Stresses that definition of business strategy is necessary for cable operators expecting to compete in the emerging market of Internet and data-related businesses. Plant management; Costs associated with network services; Functions of network operations centers.
- Cable's bossy branding. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p23
Focuses on the business strategy employed by E!, Court TV and TechTV cable networks in the U.S. Slogans of cable networks; Initiation of rebranding campaigns by E!, Court TV and TechTV; Design of the cable tagline 'Enjoy the Show.'
- Two approaches to affil pacts. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 29, p6
Reports the consideration of renewing the inventory-buyback plan among the affiliates of the cable television industry in the U.S. Negotiation between ABC and the affiliate board; Generation of revenue; Alteration of the prime-time schedule.
- Upfront, Cross-Media Fight for Spotlight. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the competition between cross-platform mega-deals with broadcast and cable upfronts in the U.S. Opinion of Music television network president Mark Rosenthal on the issue; Transaction between Viacom and Proctor & Gamble; Survey on the opinion of advertiser and agency executives on the...
- Soft sell. Foege, Alec // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR10
Focuses on the business planning of the MSNBC. Recruitment of Jerry Nachman to the position of editor in chief of MSNBC; Growth of the ratings of cable news after the September 11 terrorist attacks; Goal in cable news.