On Tour With the TCA
- Girl Power. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;10/27/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p4
The article focuses on the cable television networks Bravo and Oxygen, which are owned by NBC Universal. Oxygen presents programming aimed at women, and NBC Univeral sells its advertising in a package with Bravo. Ratings at both networks have risen notably, especially with women aged 18-49, a...
- Boxing Still Key at HBO After Shakeup. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p38
Reports on pay-per-view boxing programming strategy of Home Box Office Inc. and TVKO in the United States. Executive changes at the two companies; Promotions in the two companies.
- HBO's Midlife Crisis. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p38
The author asserts that HBO is in a slump and the demise of its TV series, The Sopranos, will only make matters worse for its programming in the U.S. He criticizes the seven-month delay for the final eight shows of The Sopranos, despite it being one of the best scripted dramas on TV. By delaying...
- 'Tara' forges own identity. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/22/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 13, p6
The article focuses on the screening of the television series "United States of Tara," on Home Box Office Inc. It states that the debut of the show drew more viewers than series premieres of the network's other programs. According to the sources, the first airing of the series was seen by...
- Lee takes to the small screen. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/24/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 18, p146
Reports on the television development agreement forged by filmmaker Spike Lee and television network Studios USA. Planned comedies and dramas for prime time; Background of Lee's film on the state of black performers in television entitled 'Bamboozled'; Previous television projects held.
- MUST WATCH OF THE WEEK. Wheat, Alynda // Entertainment Weekly;5/30/2008, Issue 994, p84
The article reviews an episode of the television program "The Real Housewives of New York City," which airs on the cable television network Bravo.
- HBO CHANNELS O'SEAS. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;1/20/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 15, p35
The article reports that the Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. is to introduce branded premium channels in Europe and Japan. HBO's long term plan to roll out subscription services on cable television networks in Great Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Japan with some of these to be introduced...
- New class of cable shows unafraid of controversy. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
Reports that United States-based cable television networks Home Box Office (HBO) and Lifetime Television plan to broadcast movies and television programs that deal with controversial topics as of January 24, 2000. Lifetime Television's plan to air `Jane's Coming Out Party,' a movie dealing with...
- 'Postman' delivered. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/6/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p15
The article reports that the Kids' combo Entertainment Rights has secured a deal with Buena Vista International (UK) Ltd. for its preschool series "Postman Pat" to air on the Disney Channel in Japan. News that eighty number of 15-minute episodes of the cartoon are heading for the Far East sent...