Staking Out Ground on Net Neutrality
- On 5-0 vote, agency moves ahead in push to regulate Internet. Hart, Kim // Hill;10/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 124, p11
The article reports on the unanimous vote of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to start a proceeding to regulate Internet in the U.S.
- Business Concerns Over FCC Net Rules. Kilgore, Austin // American Banker;12/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 198, p9
The article discusses how the approval of a so-called "Net neutrality" measure by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is worrying financial services and technology executives about the future of Web-based technology.
- Easing traffic in cyberspace. Munro, Neil // National Journal;5/30/98, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p1252
Discusses legislative concerns over the Internet and cyberspace technology in the United States. Plans of regional Bell operating companies to upgrade their data networks for the information superhighway in rural areas; Significance of rules established by the Federal Communications Commission...
- Companies lobby newest FCC members on net neutrality rule. Bogardus, Kevin; Hart, Kim // Hill;11/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 135, p16
The article reports on the new members of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) who are targeted by corporate executives and lobbyist about Internet regulations in the U.S.
- FCC's grab for new regulatory power could go beyond broadband providers. O'Rielly, Michael // Hill;5/6/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 54, p24
The article informs about the new regulatory power introduced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for regulating the Internet.
- WorldCom 'what ifs' spark talk of FCC role. Martin, Michael // Network World;8/12/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p27
Deals with the role of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in preventing a possible shutdown of the Internet infrastructure of WorldCom. Concerns on laws related to Internet services; Reason for the decision of FCC to classify direct subscriber line as an information service.
- Commentary on Internet Rules: Introduction. Cudahy, Richard D. // Infrastructure;Summer2015, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p1
In this article, the author comments on the rules for resolving the problems of governing Internet issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on February 26, 2015.
- How the FCC Will Block Silicon Valley's Streams. SWANSON, BRET // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p31
The article opines that despite the good news from digital economy, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission pretends the Internet needs fixing and that Title II rules related to internet have generated confusion by blocking innovation and shifting value from disfavored firms to political allies.
- SUPERHIGHWAY TRAFFIC JAM. WILLIS, AVIANA // In These Times;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) Internet regulations regarding broadband service providers to deliver all Internet content with equal speed.