- Gainous in the running. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;06/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Notes the six finalists for the chancellorship of the City University of New York. Include Fred Gainous, William C. Gordon and Ronald K. Shelp.
- The crisis at CUNY: Its cause and its remedy. Meyer, Gerald // Community Review;1997, Vol. 15, p35
Discusses the cause and remedy to the current crisis the City University of New York (CUNY) is facing. Withdrawal of the economic support of social services and unions; Replacement of the public sector and trade unions with the free market.
- Two Virginia localities buck the tide, vote to keep appointed school boards. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;11/23/94, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the decision of Hanover County and Salem district in Virginia to keep the system of appointing their school board members. Choice of most localities to elect school board members; Taxing authority.
- Chamber takes look at school board elections. Katz, Mel // San Diego Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p22
Reports that the Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce has endorsed candidates in the upcoming election for San Diego Unified School District Board of Education. Details of the chamber; Why they chose the field of education; Endorsement basis; Importance of safety of schools to learning;...
- Why I Need Micromanaging Board Members. Lichte, Mark E. // School Administrator;Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p43
Discusses the necessity of micromanaging school board members. Ways for relying on the attributes of board members; Example of roles played by board members in the district; Views on board governance.
- New York system selects interim head. // Community College Week;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p7
Announces that the City University of New York system has chosen Doctor Christoph Kimmich, Brooklyn College's chief academic officer to serve as interim chancellor. Information on chancellor who resigned in July of 1997; Subject being taught by Kimmich.
- CUNY centralization and the community colleges. Reitano, Joanne // Community Review;1997, Vol. 15, p28
Discusses City University of New York (CUNY) centralization and the community colleges. Reasons why centralization is harmful; Reasons why centralization is beneficial.
- OY VEY! // Crain's New York Business;5/13/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p2
The article focuses on the apology issued by Republican mayoral candidate for New York City Joseph Lhota after he called Port Authority police "mall cops."
- We don't need a Giuliani clone. TATUM, ELINOR // New York Amsterdam News;12/27/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 52, p12
The article argues against Joseph J. Lhota to stand as a nominee in New York City mayoral election in 2013.