Say No to Tolls
- Schundler Rolls to Massive Victory. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;7/2/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 25, p1
Deals with the victory of Bret Schundler in the 2001 New Jersey gubernatorial primary of the Republican Party. Opinion of the Republican Party on Schundler's gubernatorial nomination; Information on his victories as mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey; Background on his political and social views.
- Liberals Fear a Schundler Shock Wave. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;6/25/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the candidacy of Bret Schundler in the Republican gubernatorial primary in New Jersey on June 26, 2001. Platform of Schundler; Advantages of Schundler to his rival candidate Bob Franks; Impact of the potential victory of Schundler on liberal Republicans and Democrats.
- NEW JERSEY, THE PROVING GROUND STATE. Schneider, William // National Journal;7/7/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p2198
Reports that the outcome of the Republican primary in New Jersey in June 2001 has turned the state into a proving ground. Details on the victory of Bret Schundler in the primary; Political attributes of Schundler.
- Taking His Toll. Judis, John B. // New Republic;7/9/2001 & 7/16/01, Vol. 225 Issue 2/3, p21
Focuses on conservative candidate Bret Schundler and his victory over Bob Franks in the gubernatorial primary in New Jersey. Democrats' belief that Schundler will be easy to beat in elections; Schundler's political career and campaign tactics; Plan to defeat Jim McGreevey, the Democratic...
- Seeking a freer rein. // Education Week;5/10/95, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p18
Presents a photograph of New Jersey Mayor Bret Schundler testifying at a House Budget Committee hearing on loosening federal regulations on education.
- Bret Schundler. Hodge, Sharon Brooks // Headway;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p11
Profiles Jersey City, New Jersey Mayor Bret Schundler. Background; Political career; Description of Schundler as an unconventional Republican; Schundler's political outlook and objectives; Schundler's belief in education.
- Schundler's List (Of Winning Qualities). Gizzi, John // Human Events;01/29/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p14
Profiles Mayor Bret Schundler of Jersey City, New Jersey. Information on his career as a politician; Efforts to address various political and social issues; Organization strategies and fundraising initiatives for his campaign.
- Let's look toward 2008. Buckley Jr., William F. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p221
Profiles New Jersey City Mayor Bret Schundler. Views on politics; Educational background; Racial composition of New Jersey City; Factors influencing the people to select Schundler in the mayoral position; Moral philosophy in life.
- Politics 2005. Grizzi, John // Human Events;6/13/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 20, p14
Presents an update on U.S. politics as of June 13, 2005. Appointment of Representative Christopher Cox as chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Information on the coin scandal in Ohio; Loss of Jersey City Mayor Bret Schundler in the Republican primary for governor of New Jersey.