Merrill Lynch Veteran Carey Replaces Departing Franklin in Public Finance
- Merrill Hires Retirement Investment Chief. // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the appointment of Ronald G. Albahary for the post of chief investment officer of the retirement group of investment banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Merrill Gives Retail to O'Neal, Banking to Steffens. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;2/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p9
Reports on Merril Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reassignment of top executives in its United States private-client group. Handing of responsibility for global banking strategy to veteran John L. Steffens; Naming of chief financial officer E. Stanley O'Neal to head the company's retail brokerage operation;...
- THE GRIDS. // On Wall Street;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the compensation grids of financial services firms in the U.S. in 2005. Role of the Wall Street grid in influencing employee behavior; Changes in Wachovia's grid; Approach of Merrill Lynch in rewarding representatives.
- Merrill Wants Back in Junk. Bruno, Joe Bel // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the business recovery strategy by the banking company, Merryll Lynch and Co. by capturing high-profile financial deals and recruitment of employees. Capital investments; Focus on profitability; Expansion of the leveraged finance origination team; Operations in the bond market.
- Merrill CEO Wants Successor by Yearend. // American Banker;1/30/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p20
Reports on plans by Merrill Lynch & Co. chief executive David Komansky to designate a successor by the end of 2001. How long Komansky has served as chief executive officer; Possible candidates for the position.
- Merrill Names Debt Markets Execs. // American Banker;11/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 214, p20
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has made a number of appointments in its global debt markets group as of November 2001. Jim Quigley as head of client strategy for the company's global debt markets group; Names of other executives.
- Merrill Names Insider as High-Yield Head. // American Banker;11/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 223, p20
Reports the appointment of Christopher Garman as the head of high-yield strategy by Merrill Lynch & Co. as of November 2002.
- Merrill Names McCann Retail Chief. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the selection of Robert J. McCann as the new private client group president of Merrill Lynch as of July 2005. McCann will now oversee the retail group, Merrill's asset-management/mutual fund division, and the equities research and economists' units.
- Morgan taps Merrill exec. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;07/26/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 36, p1
Reports on Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s hiring of banker Gregg Seibert, former managing director of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s Global Media Group, to work in the company's media banking division. Impact of Seibert's departure on Merrill; Other executives joining Morgan Stanley.