At Last Minute, Delaware Settles on Stripped-Down Budget
- China announces fresh moves to boost growth. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;6/12/2014, p10
The article reports that a package of new measures introduced by China to bolster growth and avert fears of a hard landing in the world's second largest economy. According to the state council, the plans will help stimulate activity in an area that includes 600 million people and one-fifth of...
- N.Y., N.J. Port Authority Offers Record $3.3B Capital Budget. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p3
The article reports on Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's proposal of a record of $3.3 billion of capital spending in 2009 as part of a $6.71 billion preliminary budget. As part of the proposal, capital spending would increase 28.1% over the current year's $2.51 billion which is mainly...
- 'Public Investment Criteria' (Davisson): Commentary One. Carey, Omer L. // Land Economics;Nov66, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p532
The article proposes the use of the concept of the market rate of interest principle to discount the benefits and costs of federal projects in the U.S. and that the correct choice among projects would be to choose those having maximum internal rates of return. The current market interest and...
- Investing in public investment: an index of public investment efficiency. Dabla-Norris, Era; Brumby, Jim; Kyobe, Annette; Mills, Zac; Papageorgiou, Chris // Journal of Economic Growth;Sep2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p235
Pritchett (J Econ Growth 5:361-384, ) convincingly argued that the difference between investment cost and capital value is of first-order empirical importance especially for developing countries where public investment is the primary source of investment. This paper constructs a public...
- Energy Projects Now Eligible for Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p4
Reports that independent energy projects in New York can qualify for tax-exempt financing through the New York Liberty Development Corp. as of March 2003. Factors contributing to the development; Details of the criteria.
- Top chemical exec: Project finance now requires funding guarantees. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/19/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 96, p5
Discusses the need of project finance to attract non-traditional investors. View of John R. Price, managing director of the Chemical Banking Corporation and president of the Bankers Association for Foreign Trade on project finance; Shift away from state and public-sector sponsorship of...
- Entrepreneurial fund raising vs. charitable donation. Chase, Timothy L. // Economic Development Review;Fall93, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p3
Discusses various means by which economic development organizations raise funds for their projects. Decrease in the percentage of funding from public sources; Need for contributors to perceive that a valuable service is performed in return for their payments; Different functions of economic...
- No sovereign right to project finance. L.D.S. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p17
Opinion. Comments on the power of major international development and funding agencies to affect the success of power and other infrastructure development projects. Lack of trust on a country's political and economic stability; Examples of breakthroughs in finalizing financing packages.
- Palace orders inventory of DAP-funded projects. // Filipino Reporter;8/1/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the order of the Philippine government for an immediate inventory of all projects financed under the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) to identify how much supplemental budget it would request from the Congress in 2014.