Florida Agency Bridges Shortfall With Operating Funds
- McAllen, Tex., Will Sell $40M For Mexico Bridge Next Month. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/20/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32654, p40
The article reports on the plan of McAllen, Texas to sell $40 million of revenue bonds to finance construction of its half of the Anzalduas toll bridge to Reynosa, Mexico. According bridge director George Ramon, the bonds are just one slice of a large financing plan for the bridge and related...
- Border Bridge Ratings Hold Up. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p1
The article reports on the stability of debt ratings for international toll bridges in Texas despite the tension on the growing drug violence in Mexico and declining traffic due to additional crossing points. It cites that cities on both sides of the Rio Grande River are competing to exploit the...
- BATA to Sell $814M of Revenue Bonds. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
San Francisco's toll bridge agency is planning to sell $814 million of refunding and revenue bonds next month.
- MassPike May Put Off Toll Hikes, Use Reserves for Operating Costs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33084, p6
The article reports on the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to postpone toll increases that are set to begin on Friday. It states that the decision of the board comes after Governor Deval Patrick and legislative leaders said last week that they had come to a general agreement on...
- Market Post: Deals Price; Munis Weaken. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
The municipal bond market on Thursday is seeing the last of this week's big new issues priced. Municipal bonds were slightly lower at mid-session.
- Panel Weighed for Fla. Bridge Default. Sigo, Shelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/8/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 37, p9
The article reports on the partnership of the Santa Rosa Bay Bridge Authority with bondholders to create a creditors' committee for restructuring the debt for a toll bridge in Florida. Maria Cheng, managing director of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp., states that 51% of bondholders' votes are...
- Florida Faces Decreased Debt Capacity Brought on by Revenue Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that revenue shortfalls in Florida will make it impossible to keep up with issuance plans without raising debt service levels above the state's target. Decline in the revenue supporting the state budget; State's net tax-supported debt service; Expected borrowing capacity of state in the...
- Harrisburg, Pa., Could Miss $2M Debt-Service Payment. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p36
The article reports on the likelihood of Harrisburg to miss its debt-service payment worth two million dollars supported by Pennsylvania on March 1, 2010.
- Choose a debt consolidator. Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;May97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Warns the public about debt consolidators. Suggestions from Janice Gassi, executive director of the Better Business Bureau in Long Island, before signing your debt away to a credit service.