Higher Ed Challenges Look Worse for the Little Guys
- Data Jams. // ED Review;1/3/2014, p4
The article looks at two roundtables named "Data Jams," organized by the U.S. Department of Education and the White House, held on December 11, 2013, and December 15, 2013, joined by innovators, experts, and students to brainstorm about improving higher education in the U.S. Topics discussed...
- Wollongong forum debates struggles in the university. BROWN, ALEXANDER // Green Left Weekly;8/7/2013, Issue 976, p4
The article offers information on the forum titled "Trouble in the Edufactory: The Sydney Uni Strike and the Struggle for the University" that was held at the University of Wollongong in New South Wales on August 1, 2013, in which student Mark Gawne discussed the impact of budget cuts.
- AAUP-CBC HOSTS REGIONAL MEETINGS. C. S. // Academe;May/Jun2013, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses the AAUP-CBC (American Association of University Professors-Collective Bargaining Congress) Eastern Regional Meeting held February 23, 2013 in New York City and its Western Regional Meeting held April 6, 2013 in Portland, Oregon which covered topics such as online...
- Featured Sessions on Risk Management, Federal Budget. // Business Officer;May2012, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p50
The article offers information on the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) 2012 Annual Meeting to be held in the U.S. on July 28-31, 2012.
- Past events. // Financial Management;Feb2012, p60
The article discusses events held by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). A conference on sustainability management held in London, England is examined. A November 25, 2011 dinner held by the regional association of the CIMA in Birmingham, England is noted. A conference on...
- Making Sustainability a Value. // Business Officer;Sep2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p56
The article discusses several sessions related on financial sustainability of higher education institutions that were held in 2011. Among these sessions were the "Business Officers and Governing Boards: Leading Innovations for Sustainability in Finance, Operations, and Education," and the Campus...
- Events. // Public Finance;10/16/2009, p26
The article offers information on several events including the Financial & Policy Developments in Local Government Conference to be held in London, England on November 2, 2009, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) Wales/Cymru annual conference 2009 to be held in Vale...
- Major addresses at annual meeting. // Liberal Education;Winter95, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the theme of the `Baccalaureate Learning and the Public Interest,' 1995 annual meeting on higher education in the United States. Major presentations.
- Network for academic renewal conferences 1997. // Liberal Education;Fall96, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p3
Provides information about higher education conferences scheduled for 1997 in the United States. `New Developments in General Education and Strategies for Its Renewal'; `Rethinking the Purposes and Practices of Foreign Language Education'; Contact information.