NEWS IN BRIEF
- Analyst Consensus: Fed Hike Not Needed. // American Banker;8/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 161, p20
Reports on a survey released by the National Association for Business Economics that found that a majority of economists believe the United States Federal Reserve has done enough to keep inflation at bay for another six months. Number of analysts polled; Percentage of those polled who believe...
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;12/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p38
Presents data depicting economic indicators in New York City as of December 7, 1998. Includes average hourly wages in various industry sectors; Construction contracts; Stock performance of area businesses.
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;04/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p42
Presents key economic indicators in New York City, as of April 5, 1999. Includes recent and projected employment; Construction contracts; Stock indexes.
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;12/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p46
Presents charts, and graphs depicting various economic indicators in New York. Results of a study on foreign students studying in the United States; Accelerating growth of jobs in New York City; Performance of the Crain's/Bloomberg Index of New York.
- ECONOMY. // Crain's New York Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p12
Presents graphs showing economic indicators in New York, New York in 2000. Employment rate' New business incorporations; Electricity costs; Average weekly manufacturing, retail wages.
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;9/25/95, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p38
Presents charts and graphs indicating economic conditions in New York City, New York. Revenue generated by the New York City Parks Department; Retail sales in the area; Crain's Average of New York stocks.
- NYC economic growth slows in 2d quarter. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p2
Reports on New York City's rate of economic growth for the second quarter of 1999, as measured by gross city product.
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;7/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p22
Presents indicators for New York. N.Y.'s economy as of July 10, 1995. Unemployment rate; Number construction contracts; Crain's average New York stocks.
- Economic spotlight. // Crain's New York Business;8/12/96, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p26
Presents charts and graphs of economic indicators in New York City as of August 1996. Apartment prices as of July; Gross city product; Jobs gained; Unemployment rate; Inflation; Stock prices.