- BOL pulls back to focus on core books market. // New Media Age;7/4/2002, p2
Reports on the plan of the British unit of entertainment electronic retailer BOL to drop thousands of products from its site and focus on book sales from September 2002. Reasons behind the move; Integration of BOL UK into its parent Bertlesmann's direct selling business BCA; Comments from BCA...
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;01/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Reports on developments in the international book publishing industry as of January 17, 2000. Decision of Bertelsmann to bring electronic books into Great Britain through Bol.com; Decision of publishers and booksellers to minimize book sales during the 1999 holiday season due to poor sales...
- BOL plays on literary passion. Campbell, Lisa // Campaign;02/11/2000, Issue 6, p18
Features the advertising created by M&C Saatchi for online bookstore BOL.com. Strategy of establishing an emotional bond with consumers; Use of humor in the commercial; Theme, tag line and images; Remarks of BOL.com managing director Alexander Broich.
- Bertelsmann Folds BOL Into Book Clubs. Nawotka, Edward; Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the plan of Bertelsmann to merge the administration of its online bookstore, Bol.com, with its book club and direct-to-consumer division, DirectGroup. Terms under the plan; Background on Bol.com; Purpose of the merger.
- BOL aims for retention via 'membership' Frankel, Hannah // Precision Marketing;9/6/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p1
Reports the launch of electronic-mail marketing campaign by BOL UK company in Great Britain. Membership scheme for the e-mail campaign; Features of the e-mail campaign; Condition for customer access to the e-mail deals.
- New media. // Marketing Week;10/28/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p45
Reports on developments related to the Internet industry in Great Britain as of October 18, 1999. Includes BOL.com's plan to sell compact discs online; Laphroaig's launch of its Web site.
- Britain: Looking Westward to Expand. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;3/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 11, p42
Deals with the plans of book publishers in Great Britain to expand their business in the United States' market. Arrangement of BBC Worldwide with Veronis Suhler Associates to support BBC Worldwide's acquisition of American companies; Reasons behind the purchase of Hodder Headline by W.H. Smith;...
- Chat service spreads the power of viral marketing. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;4/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p17
Reports on developments related to Internet marketing in Great Britain as of April 27, 2000. Sweden-based online community firm Dobedo's launch of its operations in Great Britain; Online book retailer BOL.com's online sales promotion.
- Bertelsmann launches Swiss bookselling site, eyes Japan. // Book Publishing Report;10/04/99, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Focuses on media giant Bertelsmann's introduction of its bookselling service, BOL.com in Switzerland. Goal of becoming the worldwide leader in electronic commerce; Stake in barnesandnoble.com; Bertelsmann Online president Heinz Wermelinger's search for a partner to launch an electronic commerce...