For Independents At BEA, The Glow Of Authors' Gratitude, The Glare Of Bottom-Line Concerns
- Publisher-defendants settle in Booksellers Association suits. // Association Management;Mar1997, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p9
Reports that a dispute concerning alleged unfair pricing practices, has been settled by the American Booksellers Association of Tarrytown, New York, and major book publishing companies. Details on the case; Details in the settlement.
- Forget About: 'Let's Do Lunch' Now It's: 'I'll See You In Court'. // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p1
Focuses on the lawsuits among major book publishers in the United States. Random House's case against RosettaBooks; Appeal made by Houghton Mifflin for a court ruling.
- ABA suit against publishers looks like a long affair. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/13/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the American Booksellers Association's (ABA) antitrust lawsuit against publishing companies Penguin USA, Houghton Mifflin, St. Martin's Press, Rutledge Hill Press and Hugh Lauter Levin Associates. ABA's commitment to pursue the case by allocating budget to fund the legal action;...
- E-BookExpo America: A Taste of Things to Come. Mutter, John; Brown, Jennifer M.; Eichler, Leah; Garrett, Lynn; Hilts, Paul; Howell, Kevin; Kinsella, Bridget; Kiser, Karin N.; Maryles, Daisy; Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin; Rawlinson, Nora; Roback, Diane; Rosenblum, Trudi M.; Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the 2000 BookExpo America show held by the American Booksellers Association in Chicago, Illinois from June 2-4, 2000. Electronic publishers at the show; African-American publishers at the conference; Religious and spiritual themes of the several events; Alliances between book...
- At This Year's BEA, The `E' Will Stand For Ebooks And E-Commerce. // Book Publishing Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
Features the year 2000 BookExpo America. Focus of the event on technology; Exhibit of the participants; Topics of the seminars in the educational program.
- One for the books. Beresford, Lynn // Entrepreneur;Aug1996, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p13
Reports on a lawsuit filed by the American Booksellers Association (ABA) against six publishers for alleged violation of antitrust law. Settlement reached by Penguin USA, Houghton Mifflin and Hugh Lauter Levin with the ABA; Comments about the plight of small bookstores.
- A full fall: The contenders. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p50
Comments on books that publishers were pushing for the fall line up at the BookExpo America 1998. The popularity of Tom Wolfe's book `A Man in Full,' published by FSG; Predicted books that will have high sales in the fall of 1998; The focus on small presses; The emphasis on current sell-in,...
- A suit with no winners. Rawlinson, Nora // Publishers Weekly;5/29/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p23
Editorial. Comments on the lawsuit filed by the American Booksellers Association against five publishers in the United States. Allegations of the violation of the Robinson-Patman Act; ABA's failure to exhaust means of warning publishers; Effects of the case on independent booksellers; Updates...
- Parties trade motions in ABA lawsuit. // Publishers Weekly;9/26/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the exchange of motions between the American Booksellers Association (ABA) and five book publishers which were charged by ABA with antitrust lawsuit. Request by defendants St. Martin's, Houghton Mifflin, Penguin USA, Rutledge Hill and Hugh Lauter Levin to the court for the transfer...